Senior Data Engineer (Investments Systems)
The AIG Corporate Systems IT Group supports our Investments Management line of business and includes support for Global Real Estate, Capital Markets, and Science business teams. The data and applications’ environments provide investment and asset management services for approximately $340 billion under management. The Senior Oracle Developer works within a cross-functional team of Business Stakeholders, Application Developers, and Infrastructure Engineers to understand business related challenges, design process and technical solutions, and ultimately solve problems to address business motivated changes. It's time to add someone to our team who can take the design and support of our Investments applications to the next level.
• Write exceptional Pl-SQL / SQL code which is portable and easy to maintain.
• Architect and design database schemas and normalizing the data structures.
• Develop and optimize SQL queries and data base objects.
• Program C# data access layer using ADO.NET and EntityFramework.
• Develop C# service layer data transformations and exposure through OData endpoints.
• Work with project team to identify potential solutions, technical requirements and development options.
• Debug and optimize the performance of a high traffic, multi-tier web applications.
Here's who we're looking for:
You're the type of person who loves developing software. While you strive to be an expert in all the technologies that you use, you are in fact less interested in the technical aspects of developing software and your real passion is in your ability to express business knowledge in the software that you develop in order to improve and innovate the way that business processes are performed. When you describe how your applications work, you tend to use business metaphor rather than technical descriptions. You are someone who focuses on clearly understanding requirements and, with constant motivation to do things right the first time, you are driven to find the simplest designs and implementations.
You are an excellent communicator. Besides the fact that you are patient and always clear when speaking, you are equally clear and thoughtful in your written communication. You understand that the real secret in being a good communicator is in having the ability to be mindful of the concerns and interests of your end users and colleagues who are reading your written messages. You communicate accurately, truthfully, and professionally in a way that is respectful of other people's time.
You are technically astute. You love the field of Computer Science and you spend a fair amount of your personal time reading and learning and practicing to improve your skills. You use the tools to develop your software like a craftsman, and you manage your own development function by automating application tests and deployment methods; you do these things because you know they enable you to maintain a higher level of software quality which gives you the ability to deliver new features needed by your end users in the shortest amount of time.
Does our way of working resonate with you?
Do you feel connected to our way of working? Are you energized by the opportunity of doing great things at work? If so, contact us because we want to meet you too.
The Ideal Candidate will have:
• 5+ years of solid IT experience.
• 3+ years of professional experience data modeling and writing SQL queries or procedures.
• 3+ years of solid programming experience C# or F#.
• Ability to setup, maintain and enhance Partitioning of Table Spaces.
• Firm understanding of the overall architecture required to support common schema based objects used to store data and implement business logic.
• Experience with at least one NoSQL Database.
• Team player with exceptional analytical, enterprise-minded and innovative problem-solving abilities.
• Experience working with Agile, Lean and Continuous Delivery practices.
• Eager to learn new concepts and apply acquired knowledge in practice.
• Solid work ethic, self-driven with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Aptitude for debugging problems in complex, unfamiliar code.
Nice to Haves:
• Exposure and understanding of AWS technologies (DynamoDB, EMR).
• Knowledge of NoSql databases such as Mongo or Redis.
• Experience building data pipelines and ETLs using MapReduce, Spark or Flink.