We’re hiring for an experienced Data Engineer with the ability to integrate multiple heterogeneous data sources to help us build efficient, flexible, and scalable solutions. You should have a proven ability to extract requirements out of significant ambiguity, synthesizing these into elegant designs that can be cleanly implemented and operated efficiently. You should be able to work with business owners to validate assumptions and ask the right questions to fill in gaps in our knowledge to ensure that we build the right systems, first time. A passion for huge data sets and a love for working with them to bring them together to answer business questions goes without saying.
Successful candidates will thrive in and help lead fast-paced environments that leverage agile planning techniques, encourage and reward creative design and intelligent risk taking, and find innovative ways to leverage cutting edge technology. And of course, a demonstrated passion for sustainability doesn’t hurt!
· Act as a builder and architect, designing and developing world class, scalable data platforms and solutions.
· Recruit, hire, mentor, and coach Data Engineers.
· Interface with our internal customers to understand requirements, set priorities, and communicate direction and progress.
· Take on hard, ambiguous problems and articulate solutions that will to serve the broader Amazon.
· Help develop long-term technical and business strategies to guide Amazon’s broader environmental strategy.
· Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or a related technical field
· Expert level experience using SQL and databases
· Experience with Amazon Redshift or other distributed computing technology.
. Experience analyzing issues holistically, from the application tier through the database, down to the storage
· Experience designing and operating very large Data Warehouses.
· Strong data modelling skills.
· Knowledge of a programming or scripting language, preferably Python
· Track record for quickly learning new technologies.
· Capable of investigating, familiarizing and mastering new datasets quickly
. Solid experience in at least one reporting tool, preferably Quicksight
. Familiarity with Amazon Web Services (EC2, EBS, S3, etc.)
· Master’s degree in Information Systems or a related field
· Experience with Java and Map Reduce frameworks such as Hive/Hadoop.
· Familiarity with EMR, NoSql, Dynamo DB
· Strong organizational and multitasking skills with ability to balance competing priorities.
· An ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired and ambiguity is the norm.
Job ID: 623581