Join us as we work to create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our athena.intelligence (a.i) team.
Your job will be to help design and support the next generation of athena’s distributed data pipeline, which will allow instantaneous access to insights throughout our organization. But enough about us; let’s talk about you.
You love to build solutions to complex problems. You embrace the challenge of using unstructured data to deliver real-time, actionable insights. You are a tenacious, but nimble learner, who demonstrates design and engineering excellence.
The Team: Our athena.intelligence (a.i) team unleashes the power of athenahealth’s one-of-a-kind healthcare dataset by applying advanced analytics and machine learning to terabytes of data. We are a team of passionate, innovative engineers looking to make an impact and solve the most complex problems in healthcare using data.
- Partner with the Data Science and Engineering teams to build innovative solutions that scale our ability to learn from our growing network
- Create reliable and efficient processes to move, transform and report on large amounts of healthcare data
- Use your expertise in data modeling to deliver a well-crafted model that can be used by both Data Scientists and Business Analysts
- Develop and deploy code to production data environments
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent
- 4+ years of experience in Data Engineering, Data Management, or Data Warehousing roles, building and supporting data warehouses and ETL pipelines at enterprise scale is a must
- Strong SQL skills with one or more RDBMS’ such as Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, SQL Server is a must
- Demonstrable experience with SQL query analysis, profiling, and optimization
- Experience with Agile practices and all phases of the SDLC
- Experience in one or more modern high-level programming language such as: Python, Perl, Java, or NodeJS
- Experience working with public cloud technologies such as AWS, Azure, or GCP is desirable
- Experience with one or more ETL and Business Intelligence platforms such as Informatica, Talend, Tableau, PowerBI, Qlik
- Experience with Unix/Linux systems and distributed computing technologies
- Experience working with Cloud based SQL/NoSQL databases and data warehouse solutions is a plus
- Our Vision: To create a thriving ecosystem that delivers accessible, high-quality, and sustainable healthcare for all.
- Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home to a number of restaurants, a local gym and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee café and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture: At athenahealth, our employees (or “athenistas”) are committed to making healthcare smarter. Our success is dependent on the diversity, collective spirit, and contributions of our people, clients and partners. We value teamwork and believe that the strength of our team comes from supporting each other and leveraging our specialized skills. If you are looking for company that will enable you to work outside of your comfort zone to transform the healthcare ecosystem, athenahealth is the place for you.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support (We were named one of the 2018 Best Workplaces for Commuters!), tuition reimbursement, collaborative work spaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.