Dun & Bradstreet is looking for a Senior Big Data Engineer to join our Analytics Technology team. You will be part of a group responsible for designing, implementing, maintaining and supporting Analytics related data analysis and modelling environments for both internal as well as external customer use.
This role will be responsible for leading and driving multiple projects and will work closely with various technology groups, analytics teams and business teams to develop solutions for our data pipeline initiatives. This position is a great opportunity to grow into a Tech/Team lead and manage multiple projects.
- Develop Data pipelines/Ingestion/Engineering and Analytic Application processes to business specification and technology standards that leverage/extend existing Data Analytics platforms using Cloudera Hadoop, Spark (DataBricks), Amazon Elastic Map Reduce (EMR), Amazon Athena, AWS Glue, and other related services.
- Collaborate with project teams (solution architects, business, QA and project management) to ensure solutions meet business objectives and fall within timelines and acceptance criteria
- Participate in testing of prototypes & validate test procedures to ensure that they are applicable to the design
- Perform root-cause analysis (RCA) of complex issues ranging from hardware, operating system, application, network, and information security platforms while working closely with various infrastructure teams and business users to quickly arrive at creative, tactical and long-term solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, or other related field or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of high-tech industry and/or IT work experience in Big Data project hands on development and solution engineering roles
- Experience with AWS ecosystem (Redshift, RDS, EMR, Kinesis, S3, Data pipeline, Glue, Athena, EC2, Lambda, etc.) is required
- Experience with working on projects in multiple technological and business environments simultaneously
- A thirst for knowledge, learning, and problem solving
- Experience in Hadoop, Pig, Hive, Impala (Cloudera a plus)
- Understanding of micro-services, web-based applications and REST APIs
- Strong organization skills with high attention to detail
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Excellent communication skills – written, verbal, presentation and interpersonal
- Willing to learn new skills and implement new technologies