?We are looking for Senior Data Engineer / Database Developer for our client in Houston, TX
Job Title: Senior Data Engineer / Database Developer
Job Location: Houston, TX
Job Type: Contract ? 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- The Data Engineer DatabaseDeveloper manages the CARS data foundation and related processes for optimized performance in alignment with CARS vision, principles, architecture and standards.
- CARS is the Cybersecurity Analytics and Reporting Solution providing visibility into the Cybersecuritylandscape to improve decision quality and enhance risk intelligence for a diverse audience from executives and Cyberstream leadership to IRM professionals.
Data Engineer Database Developer responsibilities include:
- Provides ongoing improvement of support processes.
- Ensures solutions align with vision, principles, architecture, and standards.
- Ensures information protection and security.
- Evaluates and recommends system upgrades and capacity adjustments
- Designs data model and processes for new content and/or optimized performance of an analytical solution from ingestion to consumption by end user
- Delivers viable relational and dimensional models that conform and integrate in the approved target architecture
- Assess business requirements and data sources to determine the best design to ingest, transform, structure, and provide data for analytics tools
- Works with the CARS data foundation owner to validate design and integration of new content
- Provides data design artifacts and documentation
- Contributes to the application lifecycle management of the CARS asset including planning and implementing migration to the cloud
- Experience in data architecture
- 5+ Experience in the following:
- experience in data modeling
- creating and implementing relational and dimensional data models)
- Experience with analytics solution architecture and analytics solutions development.
- Experience with creating and implementing data designs
- Experience with data integration between systems ? ETL strategies, SSIS, Dell Boomi
- Experience with traditional BI and/or big data ecosystems
- Experienceworking within Software Development Lifecycle is required - working withAgile methods is a plus
- Proficiency with Microsoft SQL Server, SQL and SQL Scripting, T-SQL, SQL Server Management Studio, SSIS, TFS (Team Foundation Server)
- Knowledge of data warehousing philosophies (Kimball/Inmon) to execute data management strategy 8. Strong understanding of relational and dimensional