We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to help support and grow our products that help artists get their music into the ears of existing and potential fans. We want to optimize tools and bring Spotify's global scale to allow artists to reach their fans, all while gaining valuable insights to help continually improve our products. Join us in the Creator Studio team, where you’ll be at the center of Spotify’s mission to give artists the opportunity to find and increase their fan base on the platform!
What you’ll do
- Build large-scale batch and real-time data pipelines with data processing frameworks like Scio, Storm, Spark, and the Google Cloud Platform.
- Work with Product to conceptualize and then implement new ways of understanding the interplay between user satisfaction, track performance, and artist needs.
- Help architect self-learning systems utilizing Spotify-scale data as input.
- Leverage best practices in continuous integration and delivery.
- Help drive optimization, testing, and tooling to improve data quality.
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers, experts, and business partners, taking learning and leadership opportunities that will arise every single day.
- Work in cross-functional agile teams to continuously experiment, iterate, and deliver on new product objectives.
Who you are
- Have 5+ years of experience in data engineering.
- Worked with high volume heterogeneous data, preferably with distributed systems such as Hadoop, BigTable, and Cassandra.
- Know how to write distributed data pipelines in Java or Scala.
- Knowledgeable about data modeling, data access, and data storage techniques.
- Care about agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and responsible experimentation.
- Understand the value of collaboration within teams.
- Care about making your team the best version of itself through mentorship and constructive accountability.