Cox Automotive is currently looking for a Sr. Data Engineer to join our team in Atlanta, GA.
About the Team
In the Cox Automotive Data Engineering Services group, we foster a strong grassroots culture where problem-solvers and innovators have direct influence on product and business decisions. We are a tight-knit group with a make it work, make it fast, make it pretty mission. Each member of our team is expected to take ownership of initiatives, tackle new problems, master new technologies, and shape the future of our company.
The Sr. Data Engineer is responsible for processing structured and unstructured data, validating data quality, and developing and supporting data products. The Sr. Data Engineer also plays a role in Agile planning, providing advice and guidance, mentoring less experienced engineers, and monitoring emerging technologies. You will design, code, test, correct, and document programs and scripts from agreed-upon specifications, and subsequent iterations, using agreed-upon standards and tools, to achieve a well-engineered result.
As a Sr. Data Engineer at Cox Automotive you will:
- Gather and processes raw, structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data using batch and real-time data processing frameworks.
- Implement and optimize data solutions in enterprise data warehouses and big data repositories, focusing primarily on movement to the cloud.
- Understand and enforce appropriate data master management techniques.
- Ensure data quality and implement tools and frameworks for automating the identification of data quality issues.
- Work with internal and external data providers on data validation, provide feedback, and make customized changes to data feeds and data mappings for analytical and operational use.
- Understand the challenges that the analytics organization faces in their day-to-day work, and partner with them to design viable data solutions.
- Recommend improvements to processes, technology, and interfaces that improve the effectiveness of the team and reduce technical debt.
- Drive new and enhanced capabilities to our Enterprise Data Platform partners to meet the needs of product/engineering/business.
- Provide ongoing support, monitoring, and maintenance of deployed products.
- Work directly with stakeholders to understand real world problems in our domain.
- Shape actionable items for the data services engineering team to solve those real-world problems.
- Demonstrate ownership of initiatives and drive them through to completion.
- Provide mentorship to the team.
- Extensive experience engineering server-side code for data processing applications.
- Working experience with Hadoop ecosystem technologies such as Hive or Pig.
- Working experience with distributed scalable data stores such as Hbase, Accumulo, or BigTable.
- Working experience with MapReduce-based frameworks.
- Experience with data concepts (SQL, NoSQL, Normalization) and working with complex data structures.
- Exposure to Agile/SAFE methodologies.
- Git or general version control experience.
- Knowledge of functional programming.
- Ability to understand and work with product teams to engineer requirements.
- Analytical skills and the ability to pay careful attention to detail.
- Technical writing including high and low level diagramming techniques.
- MS/BS degree in Computer Science, related field, or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with Data Modeling (strongly desired)
- Experience with event frameworks (Kafka, Kinesis, RabbitMQ etc.)
- Working experience of statistics and how they apply to operational metrics
- Automotive industry experience
- Public speaking skills