We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to partner with our analytics team and security
teams to build efficient data pipelines, both in batch and streaming context. The data
pipelines power near real time alerting and detection, insightful data products,
dashboards and analysis. You will support and contribute to our objectives on securing
our customer and corporate data.
The perfect will have background in data engineering and experience in enabling near
real time pipelines with large scale data sets.
- Develop subject-matter expertise in the security domain at Netflix
- Be a trusted partner to the analytics team, security engineering team and enable them to use data to secure Netflix
- Engineer efficient, adaptable and scalable data pipelines to process unstructured big data
- Enable analytics by building robust data sets that can power various analytic techniques like regression, classification, clustering etc?.
- You have a passion for intuitive data model and you are an expert in distributed data processing patterns
- You have programming expertise in Java, Python or Scala
- You have strong SQL skills
- You are familiar with ETL frameworks such as Airflow
- You have experience in engineering data pipelines using big data technologies (Hive, Presto, Spark, Flink etc?) on large scale unstructured data sets
- You are proficient with AWS Cloud primitives
- You are familiar with distributed data stores like Druid and ElasticSearch
- You excel at taking vague requirements and crystallizing them into scalable data solutions
- You have exceptional communication skills
- You share our passion for producing high quality work and continuously improving the ways we use data to make infrastructure better