Resp & Qualifications
The Senior Data Engineer is responsible for orchestrating, deploying, maintaining and scaling cloud OR on-premise infrastructure targeting big data and platform data management (Relational and NoSQL, distributed and converged) with emphasis on reliability, automation and performance. This role will focus on developing solutions and helping transform the company's platforms deliver data-driven, meaningful insights and value to company.
- Leads in designing and defining core reusable assets that support the long-term business strategy for development efforts.
- Develops and maintains infrastructure systems (e.g., data warehouses, data lakes) including data access APIs. Prepares and manipulates data using multiple technologies.
- Drives the solution design and solution review to ensure the technical architecture design meets the technical objectives, business requirements, and standards.
- Ensures applications are designed for optimum performance and provide suggestions for ways to restructure designs to achieve optimal performance.
- Interprets data, analyzes results using statistical techniques, and provides ongoing reports. Executes quantitative analyses that translate data into actionable insights. Provides analytical and data-driven decision-making support for key projects. Designs, manages, and conducts quality control procedures for data sets using data from multiple systems.
- Creates data collection frameworks for structured and unstructured data.
- Improves data delivery engineering job knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Applies data extraction, transformation and loading techniques in order to connect large data sets from a variety of sources.
- Applies and implements best practices for data auditing, scalability, reliability and application performance.
- Look for standardization and reuse opportunities, abstractions and patterns across classes and components to streamline design and development of solutions.
- Takes initiative to meet deliverables and mentors other engineers
Individual Contributor - Position does not have direct reports but is expected to assist in guiding and mentoring less experienced staff. May lead a team of matrixed resources.
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or Engineering or related field. In lieu of a Bachelor's degree, an additional 4 years of relevant work experience is required in addition to the required work experience.
Experience: 5 years Experience with database design and developing modeling tools. Experience developing and updating ETL/ELT scripts. Hands-on experience with application development, relational database layout, development, data modeling.
- Healthcare experience
- Knowledge and understanding of at least one programming language (i.e., SQL, NoSQL, Python)
- Knowledge and understanding of data exchange formats
- Knowledge and understanding of data movement concepts
- Strong technical and analytical and problem solving skills to troubleshoot to solve a variety of problems
- Requires strong organizational and communication skills, written and verbal, with the ability to handle multiple priorities
- Experienced with but not limited to the following tools/programs: Microsoft Azure, Informatica PowerCenter, IICS, Microsoft SSIS, PowerBI, Oracle, SQL Server, Snowflake, DevOps
- Must be able to effectively work in a fast-paced environment with frequently changing priorities, deadlines, and workloads that can be variable for long periods of time. Must be able to meet established deadlines and handle multiple customer service demands from internal and external customers, within set expectations for service excellence. Must be able to effectively communicate and provide positive customer service to every internal and external customer, including customers who may be demanding or otherwise challenging.