Petal is at its heart a data company. And as Petal grows, we are looking for a business-minded software engineer to join us and help to continue building out and iterating on our existing Capital Markets infrastructure, which includes forward flow, decision engine mechanics, and loan servicing.
As a software engineer supporting our Capital Markets efforts, you will tackle some of the most interesting and challenging problems that lie at the intersection of traditional finance and a high-growth startup. You will be closely integrated with the Capital Markets and Finance teams to design and build the infrastructure required to enable our Capital Markets strategy, and enable us to easily serve existing and bring on new investors and grow our funding capacity. The ideal candidate possesses strong technical skills, is an excellent written and verbal communicator, has prior financial experience, has a sharp eye for details, and is always excited to learn.
- Design and build an industry-leading Capital Markets platform that enables our Capital Markets strategy.
- Work cross-functionally with teams like Capital Markets, Finance, and Product to understand business needs and translate them into scalable solutions.
- Automate a robust set of reports that provide actionable data to key stakeholders and investors.
- Dive deep into product considerations and reimagine our investor experience.
- Enhance and refactor core aspects of the loan servicing platform to make it more extensible, robust, and performant.
- Set and adhere to both strict internal SLOs and external SLAs as we scale our lending operations.
Characteristics of a successful candidate
- Experience writing and working with SQL, data warehouses (we use Redshift and Postgres), as well as building out robust data pipelines and back-end systems.
- You work with teams to solve problems and drive scalable solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to collaborate with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- Value collaboration both within and outside of the team. You understand the value of collaboration within teams and the power of extending that collaboration across the company.
- Strong self-management, drive, and organization. The ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment is essential.
- Flexibility. Petal is a startup and with that comes changing business needs, and changing priorities; you should be able to take on these changes in stride.
- Positivity, kindness, and humility. Be an awesome team member within a company already filled with awesome people.