We Are Hiring
Ascension Information Services is one of the nation's largest healthcare information technology services organizations.
We provide Ascension and its subsidiaries low-cost, high-value IT infrastructure and software application services that:
• Support rapid and effective clinical decision making
• Improve efficiency and care transitions
• Foster information sharing across the continuum of care
• Make knowledge and data actionable, leading to improved patient outcomes What You Will Do
Lead the design and execution of deployed business application systems. Mentor less-experienced staff with responsibility for their technical development.
Responsible for construction and development of "large-scale cloud data processing systems" The Data Engineer must have considerable expertise in data warehousing and job requires proven coding expertise with Python, Java, SQL, and Spark languages. Must be able to implement enterprise cloud data architecture designs, and will work closely with the rest of the scrum team and internal business partners to identify, evaluate, design, and implement large scale data solutions, structured and unstructured, public and proprietary data. The Data Engineer will work iteratively on the cloud platform to design, develop and implement scalable, high performance solutions that offer measurable business value to customers. Required Work Experience:
Desired Work Experience:
- 5+ years of experience in an engineering role using Python, Java, Spark, and SQL.
- Some of the minimum experience requirement may be met with Masters or other advanced degree
- Cloud Experience Required
- Coding experience with Python, Java, Spark, and SQL
- Strong Linux/Unix background and hands on knowledge.
- Past experience with big data technologies including HDFS, Spark, Impala, Hive,
- Experience with Shell scripting and bash.
- Experience with version control platform github
- Experience unit testing code.
- Experience with development ecosystem including Jenkins, Artifactory, CI/CD, and Terraform.
- Works on problems of diverse scope and complexity ranging from moderate to substantial
- Assists senior professionals in determining methods and procedures for new tasks
- Leads basic or moderately complex projects/activities on semi-regular basis
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to understand and analyze complex data sets
- Exercises independent judgment on basic or moderately complex issues regarding job and related tasks
- Makes recommendations to management on new processes, tools and techniques, or development of new products and services
- Makes decisions regarding daily priorities for a work group; provides guidance to and/or assists staff on non-routine or escalated issues
- Decisions have a moderate impact on operations within a department
- Works under minimal supervision, uses independent judgment requiring analysis of variable factors
- Requires little instruction on day-to-day work and general direction on more complex tasks and projects
- Collaborates with senior professionals in the development of methods, techniques and analytical approach
- Ability to advise management on approaches to optimize for data platform success.
- Able to effectively communicate highly technical information to numerous audiences, including management, the user community, and less-experienced staff.
- Consistently communicate on status of project deliverables
- Consistently provide work effort estimates to management to assist in setting priorities
- Deliver timely work in accordance with estimates
- Solve problems as they arise and communicate potential roadblocks to manage expectations
- Adhere strictly to all security policies
- Proficient in multiple programming languages, frameworks, domains, and tools.
- Coding skills in Scala
- Experience with GCP platform development tools Pub/sub, cloud storage, big table, big query, data flow, data proc, and composer desired.
- Strong Linux/Unix background and hands on knowledge.
- Knowledge in Hadoop and cloud platforms and surrounding ecosystems.
- Experience with web services and APIs as in RESTful and SOAP.
- Ability to document designs and concepts
- API Orchestration and Choreography for consumer apps
- Well rounded technical expertise in Apache packages and Hybrid cloud architectures
- Pipeline creation and automation for Data Acquisition
- Metadata extraction pipeline design and creation between raw and finally transformed datasets
- Quality control metrics data collection on data acquisition pipelines
- Able to collaborate with scrum team including scrum master, product owner, data analysts, Quality Assurance, business owners, and data architecture to produce the best possible end products
- Experience contributing to and leveraging jira and confluence.
- Strong experience working with real time streaming applications and batch style large scale distributed computing applications using tools like Spark, Kafka, Flume, pubsub, and airflow.
- Ability to work with different file formats like Avro, Parquet, and JSON.
- Managing and scheduling batch jobs.
- Hands on experience in Analysis, Design, Coding and Testing phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
Qualifications and Education:
- Develop partnerships with senior users to understand their business needs and define future application requirements.
- Evaluate the applicability of leading edge technologies and uses this information to significantly influence future business strategies.
- Analyze complex business and competitive issues and discerns the implications for systems support.
- Design, direct and perform analyses to resolve complex first-time project issues, including analysis of the technical and economic feasibility of proposed system solutions.
- Design projects with broad implication for the business and/or the future architecture, successfully addressing cross-technology and cross-platform issues.
- Balance and negotiate the needs of multiple users and communicate the business advantages of various technical solutions.
- Manage customer expectations and ensure prompt and complete customer service.
- Customize presentations to the interests of the audience.
- Develop expert understanding of applications development processes, and in-depth knowledge of leading edge technologies to create plans for future technology use.
Master level technology degree preferred
Cloud Technology certifications preferred
Bachelor's in computer engineering or equivalent field or equivalent foreign degree required What You Will Need
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Bachelor's degree required.
• 1 year of experience required.
• 4 years of experience preferred.
• 2 years of leadership or management experience preferred. Additional Preferences
No additional preferences. Why Join Our Team
When you join Ascension, you join a team of over 160,000 individuals across the country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture, continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly $46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our team today. Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Ascension Technologies is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.