What part will you play?
We are seeking a Sr. Data Developer to work on our Architecture and Development team that supports the development and implementation of the Turner Data Cloud International initiative. The Senior Developer will partner with other team members to ensure that we bring together all the consumer data assets together in one place in our Turner Data Cloud platform and make this data accessible to our Business users for analysis and action. The business goal is to leverage TURNER's data assets to create modeling solutions for audience targeting, experience personalization and subscription management. The ideal candidate should bring a very good working knowledge of various Big Data technologies along with experience working on a public cloud platform such as AWS or Azure.
What do we require from you?
- Minimum 5-7 years solid experience as a database developer in OLAP environments
- Expertise in working with Linux environments
- Experience with Unix Shell Script, Awk, Python
- Understanding of ETL processes
- Expertise in database platforms such as RDBMS or NOSQL platforms
- Expert level knowledge of SQL; knowledge of Hadoop platforms such as EMR, Cloudera, Hortonworks, Qubole required.
- Expert level knowledge of SQL and it's variants such as HiveQL, Spark SQLa plus
- Experience with "big data" platforms such as Hadoop, NoSQL DBs or cloud-based tools such as Amazon Redshift, Snowflake
- Knowledge and working experience with AWS preferred
- Working with Real time data and tools such as Kafka, AWS Kinesis … a big plus
- Experience working with REST and SOAP APIs
- Specific application experience with media, Web Analytics and consumer data systems a plus
- Experience with BI tools like Tableau, Looker
- BS in Computer Science, MIS, business, or equivalent education/training/experience