Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
The Senior Data Coordinator provides support and management of Marketing data and is responsible for the oversight and coordination of several data sources, all of which feed into Marketing's DataMart and CRM (Customer Relationship Management) systems. There is a strong focus on data quality and improvement, as well as data enhancement and analysis.
This role involves working closely with the internal marketing team, internal marketing clients, as well as external partners to evaluate available data and create the desired output in support of the customer engagement and marketing analytics work plan. The individual in this role has a solid awareness of data management principals as well as marketing strategies.
• Supports Marketing data infrastructure including the Marketing DataMart and the Marketing CRM platform.
• Prepares data output and queries from the Marketing DataMart and CRM system.
• Performs ongoing data preparation for marketing database and physician database. Gathers, analyzes, repairs, and integrates data from numerous data sources.
• Performs regular audits to ensure data consistency and accuracy.
• Creates and/or maintains clear internal and external documentation of all elements pertaining to data management – data sources, fields, data models, table structures, queries, changes, etc.
• Assists marketing team with interpretation of data and raises awareness of available data.
• Sets up Access databases or Excel worksheets for Marketing team as needed. This may include: creating macros using VBA in Excel and Access to automate routine tasks; querying multiple data systems and analyzing data for reporting using Excel and Access.
• Supports monthly ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) process when applicable.
• Performs duties in accordance with Penn Medicine and entity values, policies, and procedures
• Other duties as assigned to support the unit, department, entity, and health system organization
• Bachelor's Degree required.
• 3+ years of professional experience working with large volumes of data.
• 1+ years’ of professional experience working with marketing-specific datasets preferred.
Skills and Abilities:
• Demonstrated proficiency to manage complex data sets.
• Ability to discuss data in a clear manner.
• Strong communication skills with all levels of staff and personnel.
• Demonstrated collaboration with peers.
• Strong project management skills.
• Advanced Excel skills.
• Demonstrated ability to conduct data entry, validate data, look for data anomalies, and provide solutions for improving data integrity.
• Advanced knowledge of SQL or similar querying.
• Excellent attention to detail and strong proofreading skills.
• Proficiency in Salesforce or other CRM system preferred.
• Familiarity with marketing and marketing analytics, including performance metrics preferred.
• Familiarity with data management and ETL processes preferred.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
- Job ID: 72771