Description: See More
Under general supervision, this position exists to assist the organization in making strategic data-related decisions by analyzing, manipulating, tracking, internally managing and reporting data. This position takes an active leadership role both as a consultant and as a high-level statistical analytics programmer.
- Leads, makes significant contributions, &/or provides technical leadership to high visibility projects to identify & resolve issues of strategic importance to the organization.
- Interfaces regularly w/ Sr Mgmt to produce timely & valuable results.
- Directs the development of outcomes & process measures, including technical specifications, to enable population measurement, guideline implementation, & evaluation.
- Builds & maintains complex statistical routines using macros, vendor software, & software written by self & others.
- Tests & maintains data integrity across multiple databases (internal SAS, DB2, VSAM; external: Adobe, Excel, SAS parsing routines, COBOL).
- Builds sophisticated statistical models & forecasting tools using these databases.
- Designs & enhances databases.
- Designs menu systems that are effective & user-friendly.
- Develops reports w/ accurate, easy to read, useful information that satisfies the client's needs.
- Designs & generates tracking & monitoring tools.
- Designs research plans for data gathering & analysis; participates significantly in interpreting analyses & developing action plans accordingly.
- Defines & frames complex multi-dimensional healthcare issues & develops time tables/processes for decision making.
- Translates needs, issues, & ideas into effective strategies & action plans.
- Formulates specific implementation plans & evaluates the effectiveness of actions/programs implemented. Develops creative alternative solutions.
- Works closely w/ IT & outside partners (& physicians for TPMG Depts).
- Sets the strategic direction of projects.
- Determines goals & priorities w/ team, clients, or project Mgmt sponsors (when appropriate).
- May coordinate team/project activities & schedules.
- May establish team membership & project participants, provide leadership to multi-disciplinary project teams, as well as manage work of outside consultants when used.
- Communicates results/recommendations to project sponsors, clients, & various Sr level audiences (including physicians for TPMG Depts).
- May participate in the development & Mgmt of the Dept, including coaching & recruiting for consultants/analysts & other departmental activities.
- KP conducts compensation reviews of positions on a routine basis. At any time, KP reserves the right to reevaluate & change job descriptions, or to change such positions from salaried to hourly pay status. Such changes are generally implemented only after notice is given to affected employees.
- Minimum five (5) years of programming in SAS, SQL, VBA, .net or equivalent statistical analytical programming language.
- Minimum five (5) years of related analytical consulting experience.
- Master's degree in economics, finance, health care administration, public health administration, statistics, mathematics, operations research, or related field required, or equivalent bachelor's degree and two (2) years additional work experience in lieu of a master's degree.
License, Certification, Registration
- Experience with analytical manipulation and interpretation of large databases.
- Experience with MVS/TSO operating systems.
- Exceptional analytic and critical thinking skills, writing skills, communication skills, consulting skills, and ability to work within a team.
- Ability to express complex analytical and technical information to senior management or to audiences with clinical training.
- Proven leadership in consulting and, for some areas, project management. Must exhibit efficiency, collaboration, candor, openness, and results orientation.
- Broad familiarity with medical practices, especially population management and process and outcomes measurement.
- Must be an independent self-starter.
- Microsoft Office skills required.
- Must be able to work in a Labor/Management Partnership environment.
- Knowledge of JCL strongly preferred.
Primary Location: California,Redwood City,Redwood City 901 Marshall Administration Scheduled Weekly Hours: 40 Shift: Day Workdays: Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri, Working Hours Start: 08:30 AM Working Hours End: 05:00 PM Job Schedule: Full-time Job Type: Standard Employee Status: Regular Employee Group/Union Affiliation: NUE-NCAL-09|NUE|Non Union Employee Job Level: Individual Contributor Department: Oakland Reg - 1950 Franklin - Medical Office Admin Services - 0206 Travel: No Kaiser Permanente is an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), age, sexual orientation, national origin, marital status, parental status, ancestry, disability, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, other distinguishing characteristics of diversity and inclusion, or any other protected status.
External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with federal and state laws, as well as applicable local ordinances, including but not limited to the San Francisco and Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinances.
Valid through: 2/2/2022