The Senior Data Center Project Manager will have full time responsibility for a data center build project's coordination and detailed financial management throughout all phases. The role will include working alongside the Critical Infrastructure department and coordination with Bloomberg departments including Engineering, Network Operations, Security and other internaldepartments.
This is a high profile role for a highly technical and relevantly experienced ProjectManager with a proven track record in managing large scale data center construction projects. Experience with Critical Electrical, Mechanical and Fire / Life Safety systems, planning and scheduling, due diligence, and the essential financial governance that accompanies them is essential. Experience of colocation facilities would also be an advantage.
We'll trust you to:
- Provide leadership to the Data Center Project Management team with a broad set of responsibilities.
- Coordinate and manage the design, construction and commissioning of all critical systems, including but not limited to diesel generators, UPS systems, electrical switchgear, power distribution equipment, chillers, HVAC equipment, fire detection/suppression and building monitoring systems.
- Coordinate and manage all meetings including effectiveness, timemanagement and documentation management.
- Coordinate and manage all change management processes including procedural developments and risk assessments.
- Coordinate and manage communication with all Bloomberg departments including Engineering, Network Operations, Security and other internaldepartments.
- Coordinate and manage all Data Center Facility documentation including Plans, Procedures and Operations Manuals for final turnover.
- Coordinate and manage Data Center Facilities Training during commissioning process and final turnover.
- Manage budgets and financial governance, outlining all aspects of construction and site development.
- Manage and approve vendor purchase orders, invoices and cost tracking utilizing industry best practices.
- Coordinate and manage the testing and commissioning process to meet the project's requirements and goals.
- Prepare and manage presentations and reports detailing construction and budgetary progress to management.
You'll need to have:
- Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, or closely related discipline.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience in Data Center Project Management.
- Financial Project Management and Governance Experience greater than $100 Million.
- Experience with the operation and maintenance of Critical Infrastructure and Systems.
- Experience and knowledge within a data center environment including Utility Systems, UPS Systems, Emergency Generator Systems, Electrical Distribution, Chilled Water Systems, Critical Air Handling / Conditioning Systems, Pre-Action Systems and Fire Alarm / Protection Systems.
- Experience with reading and understanding Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing (MEP) and Architectural Plans and Specifications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and technical writing skills.
- Experience with Real Estate leases.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs including but not limited to Word and Excel.
- Willingness to travel for Factory Witness Testing