Senior Data Center Operations Architect, IT Shared Services – Malvern, PA
About Endo International plc
Endo International plc (NASDAQ: ENDP) is a highly focused generics and specialty branded pharmaceutical company delivering quality medicines to patients in need through excellence in development, manufacturing and commercialization. Endo has global headquarters in Dublin, Ireland, and U.S. headquarters in Malvern, PA, employing approximately 3,000 people worldwide. For 2018 Endo, reported revenue of $2.947B and adjusted diluted EPS of $2.89. Learn more at www.endo.com.
This position is responsible for providing tactical support for Endo's Enterprise Data Centers and contributing to the strategicdirection for global systems design. Accountable for project management and implementation, incident management and resolution, installation, configuration, technical support and vendor management. Responsible for ensuring the monitoring ofproduction availability and errors, and taking proactive steps to minimize impact and interacting directly with the applicationteams, management and production control to ensure all IT infrastructure technologies s are producing as planned with desiredresults. Additionally, this position coordinates project activities with other teams across IT to ensure successful and seamless implementation of Endo, IM and IT Operations goals and objectives.
Enterprise infrastructure for data storage and related business systems and functions, including disaster recovery solutions, highavailability solutions, patch management, and details systems inventory tracking.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establishing the server environment by designing system configuration; directing system installation; defining, documenting, and enforcing system standards for servers, operating systems, virtual environments
- Maximizing server performance by monitoring; troubleshooting incidents/problems and outages; scheduling upgrades.
- Implementing, configuring, managing, documenting and monitoring the ESX Virtual Machine environment, Virtual/Physical servers, SAN storage, and converged infrastructure as required.
- Responsible for ensuring daily server backups are successful by reviewing daily reports with team
- Installing, configuring, administering, and maintaining all aspects of the Citrix environment.
- Proficiency in load balancer technologies such as Citrix NetScaler
- Managing the administration of all server/client related software and hardware licensing.
- Owns overall technical relationship with application managers
- Oversight of patching processes, reporting, and management, ensuring patching is being done consistently, exceptions tracked and reported, and any gaps tracked and closed
- Hardware asset management process owner ensuring hardware assets are correctly tracked and appropriate maintenance of servers and storage is properly tracked, reported and maintained
- Working with Change Management, oversee operational changes ensuring appropriate approval, adequate coordination across partner teams, and that changes are appropriately scheduled in light of their risk and business impact
- Management of Data Center Operations Audit responses, including oversight of request fulfillment, working with Audit onfindings, and working with other teams on management responses
- Operational reporting and process improvement, including monthly updates and status reports detailing the health and compliance of systems.
- Maintain accurate performance and capacity planning reports
- Stay abreast of new and emerging technologies and processes. Evolve and apply to continuously improve IT services.
- Independently, as a team member and leader, lead, influence and mentor technical concepts/methods and associated operational processes. Make and influence technical and business decisions
- Mentor junior team members and support partner teams to enhance their skills and abilities.
- Prepare project status reports for management and stakeholders
- Create and maintain programmatic and technical documentation to insure efficient planning and execution
- Manage the implementation of system enhancements and new systems through the project life cycle
- BA or BS degree in Computer Science or related field job experience.
- Understanding of IT Transformation concepts.
- Understanding of emerging technologies, trends and solutions (i.e. Converged and Hyper-Converged Infrastructure, Public or Private Clouds, X-as-a-Service, etc.).
- Must have a minimum of 9 years of experience in managing/building infrastructure and data center technology systems.
- Expertise in the areas of Risk Management, Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery/Avoidance
- Broad knowledge of industry standard platforms desirable including Windows client and Windows server operating systems, SQL Server, Red Hat Linux, MySQL, etc.
- A high level of operational/technical knowledge of building systems is necessary
- Knowledge of and experience with different server operating platforms.
- Must have strong customer service focus.
- Effectively communicates and escalates during a critical IT Operation issue to peers and management
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to
- convey complex technical information in a manner that non-technical individuals can comprehend.
- Ability to quickly identify/define problems, gather and assess relevant data and information, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions in order to implement solutions and repairs and delegate to appropriate personnel.
- Highly organized and skilled with time management.
- Must be able to create and interpret the application of relevant policies, procedures, SOP's, regulations, codes, and standards and communicate with clear directions.
- Must be able to work independently and collaboratively with vendors, engineers, electricians, and other skilled trades. Ability to work in a team environment.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively in a diverse professional atmosphere
- Strong analytical abilities and professional office experience needed
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints
- Ability to communicate orally and present written information in a professional and timely manner
- Ability to multitask and work independently as well as serve in a leadership role when necessary.
- Ability to develop strategic technical documentation and written communications relative to field of expertise (white papers, standards documents, standard operating procedures).
- Ability to respond to issues and concerns 24 hours a day; ability to work additional hours; and flexibility to travel, domestically and internationally 10% of time with periods in excess of three weeks.
- Demonstrated presentation skills; demonstrated planning and organizational skills/knowledge.
- Ability to project manage multiple work streams
- Business Travel (10%)
- Must be available 24/7 as needed to support critical operations and events.