Senior Data Center Network Engineer
The Data Center Network Engineer will be responsible for designing, implementing, maintaining, and troubleshooting the Data Center Network Infrastructure for the University of Maryland Medical System located at the Technology Operations Center in Columbia, MD.
Responsibilities and Skills
- Expert knowledge of network design and configuration, technology concepts and methodologies of analysis.
- Proficient in Cisco Route Switch, Subject Matter Expert
- Expert knowledge of Cisco Multilayer Switched Networks, Nexus 9k, 7k, 5k, 2k
- Experienced with VXLAN Networks, BGP EVPN
- Ability to provide limited leadership role, to be a liaison between escalated support and the End User Computing team.
- Proficient in analysis and problem solving, ability to work with other team and ability to assess customer needs and determining appropriate solutions.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and adhere to systems security and control procedures in accordance with departmental, vendor standards and regulatory bodies.
- Provides recommendations to Network Leadership regarding growth plans and assists with the overall design and support of the network.
- Analyzes network traffic patterns to resolve connectivity issues.
- Analyzes system performance and resolves problems, makes appropriate recommendations.
- Provides input to management for regarding monitoring solutions and the procurement of network equipment and supplies.
- Acts as the primary interface with user and vendors for resolving problems.
- Designs and Performs equipment installations and relocation as required to support the business needs of the enterprise.
Education and Experience
- Requires a Bachelor's degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or a related discipline and or the equivalent related professional experience. Additional certifications may be required.
- Eight years of experience in Network Engineering and Network Support
- Experience in problem diagnosis and resolution, configuring and maintaining application controls
- Network Security experience is a plus