Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects.
I. Job Summary
Independently and consistently performs Business Analysis and Project/ Program Management by acting as a liaison between Technology and the business on requests for new systems and enhancement of existing systems. Conducts business process analysis, needs assessments and preliminary cost/benefit analysis, in addition to project timelines and program road mapping in an effort to align Technology solutions with business strategies.
II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
- Project management, including working with the project team to ensure timely accurate deliveries.
- Develop and support SBS system requirements, enhancements and updates. Deliver clear requirements that meet users’ needs and are which are feasible technically and in compliance with WM internal development standards and practices.
- Assist the business in creation of strategic roadmaps, as well as driving the deliverables identified and on-going backlog grooming, including development of compelling business cases and ROI models.
- Act as key interface between business stakeholders and user community and the IT community.
- Partner with all levels of IT including architects and developers on architecture, design and developing logical and physical data models.
- Communicate changes and enhancements verbally or through written documentation to developers, sponsors and business stakeholders.
- Participate in and provide analysis shaping requirements, development estimates, and system designs.
- Work with test and QA to validate releases match the requirements set for it. Attend monthly releases and perform SIT testing
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
This job has no supervisory duties.
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree (accredited), or in lieu of degree, High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and four (4) years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: Five (5) years of project management and/or business analysis experience (in addition to education requirement).
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Excellent personal time management skills.
- Good financial management, basic modeling, project planning, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Familiar with waterfall and agile concepts
- Complex modeling techniques
- Advanced Feasibility Studies
- Program and Portfolio planning and management
- Analysis and consultation on enterprise architecture
- Advanced Tactical and Strategic Planning
- Program and Portfolio Management
- Fluent in and consult on Business case development and strategic road mapping
- IT industry knowledge and ability to apply to our strategic vision
V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc.) rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements rarely;
- Normal setting for this job is: office setting.