You will be responsible for driving transformation across our Marketing and Storefront vertical. You will be instrumental in designing and delivering Data Warehouses, Data Lake, Self-Service Tooling, Real-time Streaming and Big Data Solutions for multiple functional areas using modern cloud technologies. You will have the chance to combine a deep knowledge of business and technical mastery to own and deliver the right solution for the right business problem. Most importantly, you will have the opportunity to move fast, adapt quickly, and leave a lasting mark through the new solutions you deliver!
What you’ll do
- Own and develop technical architecture, design and implementation of big data platforms and business analytics solutions to empower your stakeholders to solve problems through self-service reporting.
- Collaborate with your stakeholders and other engineering leaders to define and develop the data architecture roadmap for the functional area that you support.
- Use modern platforms and tools including Google BigQuery/Google Cloud Platform, Atscale and Looker to design and implement appropriate end-to-end data architecture, data pipelines and self-service reporting solutions.
- Act as a subject matter expert to leadership for technical guidance, solution design and best practices within the Marketing and Storefront organization.
- Be a technical mentor to junior engineers and expose the team to new opportunities, while still being able to dependably deliver on ongoing goals. Keep current on big data and data visualization technology trends, evaluate, work on proof-of-concept and make recommendations on the technologies based on their merit
What You Have:
- Advanced SQL and programming experience with Python, Java, or equivalent scripting language
- Experience developing in cloud platforms such as Google Cloud Platform (preferred), AWS, Azure, or Snowflake at scale.
- Solid experience designing and implementing DW Architecture, OLAP technologies, star/snowflake-schemas to enable self-service reporting.
- Experience with real-time data streaming tools like Kafka, Kinesis, Apache Storm or any similar tools.
- Experience with big data technologies like Hadoop, Spark, Cassandra, MongoDB or other open source big data tools.
- Experience architecting data solutions utilizing BI tools like Looker, Tableau, AtScale, PowerBI, or any similar tools.
- Strong business acumen, critical thinking, and ability to work cross functionally through collaboration with engineering and business partners.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills as you’ll be regularly interacting with Marketing and Storefront leadership.
- Previous experience in eCommerce is a plus
- 3+ years of Data Architecture experience working in partnership with large data sets (5+TB highly desired)
- 2+ years of experience leading or mentoring technical teams.
- Bachelor’s or Masters in quantitative disciplines such as Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Information Systems, or other scientific fields.