This role will design and develop state-of-the-art data pipes to move and integrate into traditional and contemporary cloud-based next generation data warehouses to support operational and analytical requirements. The role while building and maintaining our current data warehouse, will be focused on data engineering related longer-term strategic vision of the organization to build out NextGen data infrastructure to enable self-service reporting, advanced visualizations, analytics enablement and management information, to enable and empower end user analytics to our competitive advantage.
- Develop, maintain, and improve architectures, including reference/target architectures, principles, roadmaps, patterns, etc.
- Creation of technical design documents and supporting materials.
- Review new projects and architecture solutions, ensuring they are aligned with the enterprise architecture.
- Stay current with emerging business and technology trends.
- Develop an understanding of business processes, data flows, strategy and long term thinking to come up with an end-state architecture.
- Provide consultation and recommendations for business capabilities, business process design, business intelligence design, software development design/architecture and application frameworks.
- Regularly interface with other architects, analysts, developers, and enterprise subject-matter experts to understand and evaluate business capability needs.
- Maintain knowledge of industry trends and utilize this knowledge to support and drive business decisions.
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge of a wide variety of technology disciplines.
- Participate in development of prototype solutions to support and prove business and technology concepts.
- Participate in business and technical design workshops
- Five or more years of experience with SQL Server 2008-2016 including: Advanced function, stored procedures, and trigger development. SSIS, SSRS, SSAS package design and development.
- Four or more years of architecting and delivery experience in data warehousing, data lakes, and data analytics.
- Two or more years of experience with AWS or Azure Cloud Platforms specific to data warehousing technologies (e.g., Redshift, Snowflake preferred, etc.)
- In-Depth knowledge of tools used in SQL Development (Team Foundation Server, SQL Server Management Studio, SSRS/SSIS packages).
- In-Depth experience with query performance tuning and optimization.
- Experience with software architectural designs (5-Tier layers, Business Logic, Unit of work, etc.)
- Experience with software development processes for Agile/Scrum.
- Experience with software requirements assessment as well as implementation of such requirements.
- Experience with source code repositories and code check-in processes (e.g., TFS, Code Reviews, etc.)
- Experience in specialty insurance or related field.
- Python development experience
- Hand on work experience with ETL/ELT platforms (Attunity, Compose, Data Stage, SSIS
- Experience Leading Teams required