Purpose of Job
The Senior Data Architecture within HR Business Technology is required to lead, collaborate with teams of IT professionals to provide data architecture and data governance guidance, project delivery and product support for the Data integration, MIS, data warehouse and Hadoop based data lake applications.
- Build and Manage a cohesive data architecture & data governance standards, artifacts, roadmaps, coordinating resources, managing project scheduling, providing technical direction and standard data architecture best practices for the applications assigned to his/her portfolio.
- Ensure proper support procedures, processes, methodologies, best practices, documentation and tools are in place to support the various projects and existing production systems.
- Negotiate IT project requirements such as scope, schedule, cost, resources, integration, change, quality, etc.
- Responsible for the development project schedule, deliverables and quality code.
- Manage communication across the enterprise groups, that impact scope, schedule, budget, risk & resources
- The incumbent should bring a strong Project Management & Technical Support background. The incumbent is accountable for leading initiatives; the individual must thrive on challenge, be proactive and dynamic, and demonstrate initiative and eagerness to learn.
- Build strong working relationships with peers, business lines and stakeholders.
- Establish and champion quality improvement activities for the department.
- Accountable for managing data integration and definitions across many enterprise HR applications.
- Participate in vendor product assessment and selection, providing recommendation based on solution reviews and product comparisons.
- As required, perform code reviews, functional reviews as necessary, ensuring quality and efficiency and focused on timelines
- Responsible for meeting scheduled milestones to ensure project objectives are met in a timely manner making sure all deliverables are in compliance with IT technology Roadmap.
- Partnering with EDMO to ensure Bank's standards and/or external regulatory policies are being met. e.g. SOX
- Coach and mentor project team members as well as help in the recruitment and identification of talent as part of a senior project team leadership.
- The incumbent is guided by the Bank policy and receives general direction from the Director or VP on how to apply and overcome issues.
- The incumbent is expected to function independently to ensure that the assigned tasks and project objectives are met.
Complexity of Position
- 5 years+ leading/supervising teams of data architects working with Data Quality Tools/ Data Governance, enterprise data model preferably with Hadoop, DataStage, SAS, IBM Cognos, Information Builders
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Strong project management skills, able to multi-task and manage concurrent projects.
- Strong leadership, mentoring, coaching and motivational skills.
- Strong and demonstrated ability to build lasting relationships with key stakeholders.
- Strong vendor management skills, including managing outsourced development teams.
- Disciplined in development methodology and experience with software development technologies and concepts.
- Must be quality driven, with the ability to encourage quality into the team member's tasks, measuring and improving quality and efficiency metrics.
- Excellent problem solving skills have vision and innovative approach to computer based solutions and ability to convey these ideas.
- Must be flexible to adapt to a dynamic environment, make quick and sound decisions under pressure.
- Must be reliable, pro-active, results-oriented, customer-focused and attentive to details.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills in order to deliver projects in a timely manner and deal with conflicting priorities and tight deadlines.
- Bachelordegree in Computer Science or equivalent with experience working for the banking sector
- The incumbent will have at least 10 years of progressive IT experience, preferably with knowledge in HR applications, the ability to lead and collaborate with a team of technology focused staff and the ability to manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Foundation in systems development: the incumbent should understand the system development life cycle; software project management approaches; and requirements, design, and test techniques. The incumbent is asked to conceptualize and influence application and interface projects, and therefore must understand what advice to give to steer toward desirable outcomes.
- Depth in data modeling and database design: The incumbent should have strong work experience across all phases of data modeling, from conceptualization to database optimization.
- Breadth in established and emerging data technologies: In addition to depth in established data management and reporting technologies, the incumbent is either experienced or conversant in emerging tools like columnar and NoSQL databases, predictive analytics, data visualization, and unstructured data. While not necessarily having deep knowledge in all of these technologies, but must understand them sufficiently to guide the organization in understanding and adopting them.
- Ability to influence, emphasize methodology, modeling, and governance, technologically and politically neutral, articulate, persuasive, and enthusiastic.
Requisition ID: 11302