Senior Data Architect
A passionate Data Architect who will support,design, architect, and develop long term data and analytics solution for our Presort business in Omaha, Nebraska. You would be one of the key members of a dynamic team supporting & buildingIT solutions for Presort Products & business primarily in Microsoft Stack oftechnologies. This individual will have a direct impact in development and the use of newdatabasetechnologies. In addition, Pitney Bowes aims to be thetechnology “Growth” company of the future with laser focus on solving our client’s problems in the world of Small & Medium Business, Global Ecommerce shipping and Software/Big Data.
• Report directly to the Director of IT Governance, PPM & Presort Delivery under the Vice President of IT Ecommerce Services and Governance.
• Analyze, design and develop complex database solutions to achieve business requirements collaborating with Business Stakeholders.
• Devise Strategy and Engage with Enterprise DBA s & Solution Architects, to define & execute Database & Analytics strategy for Presort.
• Advise the IT Leadership team & Presort business in Data & Analytics space.
• Provide global thought leadership in Analytics solutions that benefit customers through the use of Dashboards. This takes the form of contribution to research and recommend solutions in Big Data, Predictive Analytics & Cloud Computing
• Train & mentor other Front End, Database Developers and SQL DBAs.
• Lead and administer SQL Server Databases in non-production environments.
• Ensure security of systems which will include: database backup/recovery strategy monitoring strategy to maximize availability of the database.
• Support and assist development team in the testing, tuning and implementation of database applications.
• Assist solution providers with the definition and implementation of technical and business strategies.
As a Data Architect, you have:
• 7 or more years of Relational Database implementation, operations and/or solution deployment experience in a business-critical, high-availability context in Microsoft SQL Server environment.
• Technical degrees in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or Mathematics; working knowledge of modern software development practices such as Agile methodologies and DevOps.
• Experience with the MS Business Intelligence Stack: SSIS, SSRS and SSAS
• Experience in building and maintaining data systems and data warehousing using OLTP, OLAP, etc.
• Analytics presentation layer expertise including Dashboards and Reporting
• Operational – Website/web services as well as traditional IT networking, operations, management, and security experience.
• Knowledge of the underlying infrastructure requirements such as Networking, Storage, and Hardware Optimization.
• Implementation and tuning experience of Databases including knowledge of Schema Design, Query Tuning and Optimization, and Data Migration and Integration.
• Exposure to Snowflake or PowerBI cloud technologies a plus
• Provide the opportunity to grow and develop your career
• Offer an inclusive environment that encourages diverse perspectives and ideas
• Deliver challenging and unique opportunities to contribute to the success of a transforming organization
• Offer comprehensive benefits globally (pbprojectliving.com