The Solutions Architect Consultant will be a key role for Voya Financial focusing on a portfolio of data, data integration, master data management (MDM) programs and projects. They will be highly accountable and highly influential in the successful integration of MDM technologies into the data transformation initiatives. The successful architect with think and act strategically but be hands on as necessary to ensure successful outcomes that satisfy business requirements and position the business for future growth. The architect is responsible for technology solutions that enable Voya's future-state business capabilities. The architect must be capable of applying new and existing technologies to solutions and driving solutions to implementation.
- Lead solution development for a portfolio of programs and / or large projects where data, data integration, and master data management (MDM) is a focus.
- Lead business and technology innovation that drives the organization's top and bottom lines.
- Detail potential competitive threats from external challenges that are generally considered outside of your traditional realm of competition.
- Engage key business partners to facilitate both strategic and innovation planning.
- Work multi-functionally with enterprise architecture (EA) and key organizational partners to develop a strategic plan for using integrated business architecture as part of the overall enterprise architecture.
- Collaborate with EA in the development of the enterprise level strategy, including environmental analysis, opportunity identification, value cases and business innovation portfolio development.
- Work closely with enterprise architecture to define a clear plan and governance for ensuring the business architecture work is in lock step with the other enterprise architecture viewpoints.
- Collaborate on enterprise architecture development, including business architecture, information architecture, application portfolio and technical architecture.
- Advise on business programs and large projects.
- Seek ways to apply new technology to, and reuse existing technology for, business processes. Research and provide information on technical trends and competitors' practices relevant to assigned LOB or BU partners.
- Assess near-term needs, using structured interview processes, to establish business priorities. Advise on options, risks, costs versus benefits, and impact on other business processes and system priorities.
Knowledge & Experience:
- 5+ years of data architecture and data technology experience focused integrated solutions.
- Significant expertise in one or more of the following areas: MDM technologies (EBX, Informatica MDM, SAP MDM, Teradata MDM Preferred).
- Must be able to articulate actual MDM and MDM integration solutions (e.g. approaches, challenges, final solution, what went well, what didn’t)
- Hands on experience, and the willingness to be hands on as necessary, with data integration, using MDM to integrate with other platforms/software, etc.
- Prior MDM development experience
- Expert level experience developing and monitoring delivery of efficient and effective data solutions to diverse and sophisticated business problems.
- Expert in-depth experience with business transformation and process redesign methods.
- Expertise in all aspects of designing and constructing business processes, functions and organizational structures.
- Practical ability to communicate, influence and persuade – business and IT leaders as well as peers.
- Remains unbiased, specific technology- and vendor-neutral – more interested in results than personal preferences.
- Bachelor's degree in business, computer science, information systems or related subject area, or equivalent and extensive related project experience; Master’s degree preferred.
At Voya, we have identified the following critical skills which are key to success in our culture:
- Customer Focused: Passionate drive to delight our customers and offer unique solutions that deliver on their expectations.
- Critical Thinking: Thoughtful process of analyzing data and problem solving data to reach a well-reasoned solution.
- Team Mentality: Partnering effectively to drive our culture and execute on our common goals.
- Business Acumen: Appreciation and understanding of the financial services industry in order to make sound business decisions.
- Learning Agility: Openness to new ways of thinking and acquiring new skills to retain a competitive advantage.