The Center for Strategic Information Management is currently looking for a Senior Data Architect to join their team. This individual will join our team of business intelligence developers, partnering with Christiana clinical teams and our vendor to build, deploy and improve the analytics and supporting data warehouse components, and used these tools to improve clinical processes and patient outcomes. We take full advantage Christiana’s IT service capabilities, but are accountable alongside our partners to achieve sustained and improving clinical results. Analytic tools alone are not enough; results matter. Accordingly, better candidates for this position will combine a strong clinical, data analysis and process improvement orientation.
- The ideal candidate will have hands-on experience in the clinical care delivery process, including perhaps bedside patient care. S/he appreciates the issues and challenges of clinical care, and speaks their language. This individual must have demonstrated acumen in data analysis and in its underlying processes and infrastructure. Advanced data analysis, SQL proficiency, light scripting, reports development, relational databases are all relevant experiences. Involvement in LEAN or similar process improvement methodologies would also be highly relevant experience.
- This individual is building a professional career in healthcare and desires to develop into the data driven healthcare leader the industry needs now. Possessing strong interpersonal skills, s/he is an effective communicator with both listening and facilitating skills. This is key to success, as is self-awareness and a professional’s commitment to be a continual learner.
- Finally, the individual must be driven to make a difference in the lives of our patients and staff, serving our Delaware community and Christiana colleagues with love. These are not just pretty words but values we strive to achieve every day.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 8+ years of experience in Information Technology with 5+ years in Data Warehousing and/or Business Intelligence.
- Extensive experience with Data Warehouse ETL development techniques and tools.
- Extensive experience with BI user reporting and analysis tools and the overall user experience.
- Experience working in a Data Warehouse agile development environment.
- An equivalent combination of education and experience may be substituted.