You are a driven and motivated problem solver ready to pursue meaningful work. You strive to make an impact every day & not only at work, but in your personal life and community too. If that sounds like you, then you've landed in the right place.
The Hartford's Enterprise Data Organization (EDO) is seeking a Senior Data and BI (Business Intelligence) Architect responsible for modernizing a portfolio of business consumption and analytics tools supporting Enterprise Business Operations Organization. This modernization effort is part of the EDO Top 10 priorities.
The ideal candidate is a seasoned Data and BI Architect who has proven track record of designing, developing and maintaining large scale Data and BI assets leveraging next generation of Modern and Analytical Tools across AWS Cloud and Big Data ecosystem. We are looking for individuals with the unique capability to bridge the gap between business and technology. The purpose of the BI Architect role is to enable Persona based access to the right data, at the right time, and with the right tools in order to turn data into insights and deliver business value.
- Developing and delivering Data and Business Intelligence strategy for Ops BI and Analytics team supporting Enterprise Business Operations organization.
- Create a new Persona based consumption framework leveraging various Data, BI and Augmented Analytic tools across the AWS cloud and Big Data ecosystem
- Create a Ops Data and BI Transformation roadmap addressing challenges across legacy tech stack with duplication of BI assets, data freshness issues, speed of deliver and quality issues
- Create an architecture pattern focused on consumption of data across Hybrid and Multi Cloud ecosystem
- Lead initiatives toward the continuous improvement of solutions and processes to ensure alignment between business strategies and technology roadmap
- Provide Consumers with data and framework to drive greater levels of BI & Analytics pervasiveness, effectiveness and adoption
- Build for governed self-service whenever possible aligned with the Analytic Consumption Framework
- Build solutions to evangelize self-service BI and visual discovery while helping to change legacy culture.
- Be a thought leader and organizational change agent who can drive a technology step change by enabling business while simplifying the Data/BI environment and improving speed of delivery
Education & Experience:
- 10+ years of experience in design and development of large scale data assets across complex reports and dashboards leveraging various Data and BI technologies across Snowflake, AWS, Tableau, MSBI (SQL Server, Integration Services, Analysis Services, and Reporting Services) and/or Business Objects.
- 1 to 3 years of experience with design and development of complex data, reports and dashboards leveraging next generation of technology stack across AWS Cloud, Snowflake and Big Data.
- In depth knowledge of Data management and/or BI strategies, principles and practices including experience with framework for data quality, data governance, stewardship and metadata management.
- Experience working in Agile team structure
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills with the ability to articulate complex concepts to both technical and non-technical audiences including senior leadership
- Understanding of enterprise data models
- Advancedlevel SQL/No SQL skills querying both legacy and modern data assets
- Bachelor's degree or Master's degree in Management Information Systems, Finance, Statistics, Computer Science, or other related field
- Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age
Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disability/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity or Expression/Religion/Age