At Wizards of the Coast, we connect people around the world through play and imagination. From our genre defining games like Magic: The Gathering® and Dungeons & Dragons® to our growing multiverse, we continue to innovate and build new ways to foster friendship and connection. That’s where you come in
As a Senior Data Analyst on the team, you will evaluate and improve all Wizard of the Coast products, experiences, and processes. You will collaborate with designers, product architects, and strategic leadership to analyze sophisticated problems and opportunities and recommend data-informed solutions. You will use your analytical and statistical skills and your love of games to help us both tackle problems and raise awareness to opportunities we didn’t yet know existed.
What You'll Do
- Identify Opportunities – At Wizards, we are always striving to make our products better. Your passion for wrangling and analyzing prognosis data will fuel further product opportunities. Be the “voice of the data” in identifying where we can be doing better and in quantifying the potential impact.
- Make Measurable Recommendations – You will not be satisfied with uncovering areas for improvements; you will actively participant in generating ideas and making recommendations. Your knowledge of game design methodologies will supplement your analysis to yield impactful recommendations that are feasible and consistent with Wizard’s core values.
- Develop Collaborative Partnerships – Analysis only has impact through action and implementation, collaborator and partner. Your flawless execution and effective communication will earn the trust of the studios and executives, and, in return, they will look to you for impartial analytical guidance.
- Publish Meaningful Insights – Empower others by crafting/prototype data visualization, analysis tools & algorithms that answers key questions in understanding and running our business and games. You will understand user needs, anticipate their questions, and provide meaningful on-demand reporting for our partners.
What You Bring
- BS/BA degree in a quantitative discipline (e.g., statistics, economics, computational biology, computer science, mathematics, physics, etc.).
- A track record of building models that directly improve the performance of the business
- 2+ years of work experience in data analysis with a gaming company.
- 5+ years of relevant work experience in data analysis or related field.
- Experience with data science fundamentals, predictive analytics and machine learning algorithms
- Proficiency in SQL language (Postgres, TSQL, etc.), Python and other analytic programming languages
- Knowledge of and passion for games, including Magic: The Gathering