If you're looking for a meaningful career, you'll find it here at Webster. Founded in 1935 by Harold Webster Smith, our focus has always been to put people first--doing whatever we can to help individuals, families and businesses achieve their financial goals. And while we've grown into a leading commercial bank, we remain passionate about serving our customers, supporting our communities, and making a difference in people's lives. We can make a difference in your life, too. By empowering you to build the meaningful career you've been looking for.
Responsibility, respect, trust, teamwork and citizenship are the values on which Webster was founded. Together we call them The Webster Way, and they are what set us apart as a bank and an employer. Guided by these values, we put people first - working hard to live up to our customers, and each other, every day.
This individual will be responsible for documenting inputs to enterprise models, ensuring consistent data definitions, and putting into place governance of those data elements for consistency and accuracy.
MAJOR DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITES:
1. Work with data model team to document all inputs to model and accounting reports used for process.
2. Monitor overall data quality for assigned data entities in the model and reports utilized.
3. Define processes to monitor adherence to data governance policies and procedures for Webster master data, and making policy recommendations as needed.
4. Work closely with line of business representatives in all areas of the bank to establish standards around referential and conditional master data values related to the model.
5. Identify and manage the resolution of data quality issues, such as uniqueness, integrity, accuracy, consistency, and completeness in a cost-effective and timely fashion.
6. Work with data integration team on any new required fields.
7. Participate in meetings to discuss data quality and governance.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE & SKILLS:
BA/BS in Computer Science/Business (or equivalent work experience to substitute for education)
3+ years' experience analyzing data using basic sql utilities
Demonstrated research/analytical skills with attention to detail
Excellent documentation skills
Demonstrated skills that reflect the ability to work with multiple business lines to drive governance and stewardship
Prior financial services experience related to data in loan or accounting.