Senior Data Analyst / SQL Developer
5 - 7 years experience • Software
Lone Star Circle of Care - Georgetown, TX
The Senior Data Analyst is responsible for creating and optimizing T-SQL queries that power Lone Star Circle of Care (LSCC)’s clinical quality measure reporting, population health management, and resource utilization.
Information sources include the NextGen Electronic Health Record (EHR) and Practice Management (PM) system, a regional Health Information Exchange (HIE), the call center database, and a growing data warehouse. This position works closely with the Chief Medical Information Officer, data analysts and SMEs who include physicians and clinical operations staff.
- Work on solo projects with minimum direction. Such as:
- Gathering and documenting report requirements from end-users or regulatory documents;
- Designing a robust solution/report and documenting it;
- Implementing said solution in multiple environments for validating, testing, and demonstration;
- Incorporating feedback from users; and troubleshooting errors, where applicable;
- Deploying to production.
- Support existing ETL processes, reporting framework, web applications, and other special projects.
- Write and optimize T-SQL scripts querying millions of joined records (stored in an OLTP system) so that they run efficiently for our real-time-data web reporting needs.
- Demonstrate a willingness to assist other staff with query optimization and the logic for complex SQL queries.
- Demonstrate skill in writing analytical queries for Trending, Statistics, Data Visualization, etc.
- Develop over time a strong working knowledge of the healthcare data types used most often in clinical quality metrics (coded vocabularies for clinical description and billing functions, medications, orders and results).
- Learning about clinical processes throughout the organization to help proactively design reports and other tools to further strategic goals.
- Successfully handle a full range of complex assignments and analyze various types of technical and healthcare data, processes and systems.
- Create comprehensive documentation for new development, updates and enhancements.
- Learn the current data warehouse structure and data calculation models; Potentially add future data sets, and optimize existing data structures.
- Coordinate and gather business requirements, then assist with direction of task identification, work effort estimates, and work schedules.
- Occasionally be available outside of normal business hours for deployments and emergency fixes.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent professional experience.
- 5+ years of T-SQL experience with a strong emphasis on Reporting and Aggregating
- Strong Excel skills, with emphasis on developing professional looking reports for end users.
- Experience in gathering customer requirements, translating those into design, and management of development at a project levelPreferred
- Epidemiology or similar public health background
- Statisticsexperience (particularly experience with R or SAS)
- Experience with process improvement/automation (PowerShell, Python, C#)
- Experience using SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS) or similar report tools
- Working knowledge of healthcare terminology and structured vocabularies (e.g. ICD, CPT, NDC, SNOMED, LOINC, etc.)
- Experience with GIS mapping tools (ArcGIS, etc.)
- Exposure to nationally standardized clinical quality metrics (HEDIS, CMS ACO, etc.)
- Experience in the healthcare delivery industry
- Prior exposure to the NextGen Ambulatory Electronic Health Record database a plus
- Experience using C# to create Interfaces (e.g. Web Services, RESTful Services, Web API, etc.), for Web Development, Web Services, SQL Assemblies, Console Apps, and Special Projects is a plus
Job Type: Full-time
- T-SQL: 1 year