Somatus, the leader in value-based kidney care, has an immediate opening for a senior data analyst to create impact among Somatus’ clients and leadership by analyzing Somatus’ healthcare claims and care management data. This position will work collaboratively with the technology team to support our clinical, operational, and finance teams to make recommendations based on insights drawn from our data. This includes working with our data warehouse to pull and aggregate data, analyzing the data using a combination of SQL, Python, R, Excel, or PowerBI, and synthesizing and presenting findings.
- Lead analytic projects in support of our clinical, operational, and finance teams.
- Develop and test hypotheses through rigorous problem solving and iterative analytic analysis.
- Extract, clean, analyze, and summarize data using tools such as SQL, Python, R, Microsoft PowerBI, and Microsoft Excel.
- Develop internal and client-facing reports from insights generated from our data analyses.
- Clearly synthesize and communicate the implications of analyses for internal and external stakeholders.
- Create a culture of data fluency by educating stakeholders on the use of our data and reports.
- Work both collaboratively across Somatus’ teams as well as autonomously when needed.
- Demonstrate leadership potential by successfully managing projects of increasing scope and complexity.
- Maintain high standards of quality and integrity.
- BS/BA degree in a STEM or similarly quantitative field, such as Computer Science, Engineering, Economics, Finance, or a healthcare-related field with an emphasis on quantitative skills
- 1-3 years of experience working with data in a Healthcare environment
- At least 1 year of experience working with relational databases and SQL
- At least 1 year of experience conducting data analyses in Python or R
- Strong approach to conceptual problem solving and analytical approaches
- Effective written and verbal communication skills and ability to present findings to stakeholders
- Experience in healthcare industry and strong knowledge of medical coding systems
- Experience using business intelligence reporting suites (e.g., PowerBI, Tableau, Domo)