The Senior Data Analyst is responsible for building and deploying Enterprise Data Management applications, including Data Quality framework, master data management and meta-data management. As a Senior Data Analyst, you will lead collaboration with enterprise data management teams, product teams, data analysts and data engineers to design and build data-forward solutions using ETL tools, SQL and NoSQL databases, and Cloud technologies. In this highly visible lead position, you will be responsible for providing technical leadership and support to ingest and integrate large volumes of disparate data from a variety of sources.
This involves rapid innovation in the design and development of data pipelines, data-marts and graph database to ensure delivering enterprise data management solutions in a timely manner. We are looking for someone with strong hands on coding and design experience in all layers of the full stack involving data. The Senior Data Analyst plays a significant role in Agile planning, providing advice and guidance, and monitoring emerging technologies.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- You will be working with your team, peers, partners, cross-functional teams and vendors to:
- Build and deploy data pipelines and database processes, including SQL and NoSQL databases for enterprise data management applications.
- Collaborate with enterprise management teams, product teams, data analysts and data engineers to design and build data-forward solutions.
- Gather and process all types of data including raw, structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data.
- Integrate with enterprise data catalog to retrieve or update meta-data and attributes of the enterprise data assets.
- Build and maintain dimensional data warehouses in support of business intelligence tools.
- Develop data catalogs and data validations to ensure clarity and correctness of key business metrics.
- Design, code, test, correct and document programs and scripts using agreed standards and tools to achieve a well-engineered result.
- Derive an overall strategy of data management, within an established information architecture (including both structured and unstructured data), that supports the development and secure operation of existing and new information and digital services.
- Plan effective data storage, security, sharing and publishing within the organization.
- Ensure data quality and implement tools and frameworks for automating the identification of data quality issues.
- Collaborate with internal and external data providers on data validation providing feedback and making customized changes to data feeds and data mappings.
- Mentor and lead junior data analysts by providing technical guidance and oversight.
- Provide ongoing support, monitoring, and maintenance of deployed products.
- Drive and maintain a culture of quality, innovation and experimentation.
- Functional areas: Meta data management, graph database, master data management, 2nd & 3rd Party Data Management, Data Quality, Data Controls and Partner Operations
This is an individual contributor role without direct reports however as a Senior level role we expect this candidate to coach, mentor, and help develop junior developers to inspire, motivate, grow, and help structure a high performance team.
- Advanced degree in relevant field of study strongly desirable, particularly in computer science or data science programs.
- 5+ years professional experience working with data extract/manipulation logic.
- 5+ years professional experience with data design and SQL databases.
- 7+ years professional experience with Development, R&D or Information Technology.
- 3+ years working with a public cloud big data ecosystem (certification in AWS a plus).
- 2+ years working with graph database design and implementation (experience with Neo4j a plus).
- 2+ years professional experience with APIs and dashboard reporting.
Requirements and General Skills:
- Passion about data and b able to excite and lead by example and mentoring others.
- Hungry and eager to learn new systems and technologies.
- Self-directed and enjoys the challenge and freedom of deciding what is the most impactful thing to work on next.
- Ability to deliver exceptional results through iterative improvement rather than initial perfection.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and ability to interact appropriately with all levels of the organization, including business users, technical staff, senior level colleagues, vendors, and partners.
- An extensive track record that demonstrates effectiveness in driving business results through data and analytics.
- The ability to develop and articulate a compelling vision and generate necessary consensus.
- A successful history of translating business objectives and problems into analytic problems, and analytic solutions into actionable business solutions.
- A proven ability to influence decision making across large organizations.
- A proven ability to hire, develop, and effectively lead deeply technical resources.
- Demonstrate and foster a sense of urgency, strong commitment, and accountability while making sound decisions and achieving goals.
- Articulate, inspire, and engage commitment to a plan of action aligned with organizational mission and goals.
- Create an environment where people from diverse cultures and backgrounds work together effectively.
- Strong and thorough knowledge of the following:
- ETL/ELT Tools (Talend experience is preferred)
- BI tools
- Data Catalog/MDM / Reference Data
- RDBMS, NoSQL and NewSQL
- MS Office Suite
- Experience in ETL tools such as Talend is a must.
- Experience with deploying and running AWS-based data solutions and familiar with tools such as Cloud Formation, IAM, Athena, and Kinesis.
- Experience engineering big-data solutions using technologies like EMR, S3, Spark and an in-depth understanding of data partitioning and sharding techniques.
- Experience loading and querying both on premise and cloud-hosted databases such as Teradata, Aurora-Postgres and Redshift.
- Building streaming data pipelines using Kafka, Spark, or Flink.
- Familiarity with binary data serialization formats such as Parquet, Avro, and Thrift.
- Experience deploying data notebook and analytic environments such as Jupyter and Databricks.
- Knowledge of the Python data ecosystem using pandas and numpy.
- Knowledge of data modeling, data access, and data storage techniques.
- Appreciation of agile software processes, data-driven development, reliability, and responsible experimentation.
- Familiar with metadata management, data catalog, data lineage, and principles of data governance.
Our goal at SiriusXM+Pandora is to provide and maintain a work environment that fosters mutual respect, professionalism and cooperation. SiriusXM+Pandora is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, disability or handicap, sex, gender identity, marital status, familial status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.