What’s my day-to-day?
You will help guide Match’s product decisions by crunching large data sets, analyzing, building models and driving key insights. You’ll also work with other cross-functional teams like Finance, CRM, Engineering and Business Intelligence.
- Provide internal consulting to product management, marketing and CRM teams on A/B tests as they move from initiatives from concept to market
- Identify strategic opportunities to apply data science where it will offer cross functional benefits
- Provide key insights to internal customers on their specific ad-hoc needs
- Serve as the subject matter expert on applying various statistical methodologies towards distilling actionable insights
- Research issues about customer behavior/changes by analyzing relevant metrics, trends etc. supporting enterprise level initiatives
- Assist with conducting member market research - design questionnaires, analyze data and provide meaningful insights
What skills is Match looking for?
- 3+ years of SQL (T-SQL preferred)
- Exposure to applied statistics (descriptive statistics, statistical testing, design of experiments, linear modelling, time series analysis etc); Python/SPSS/SAS/R experience a strong plus
- Hands on experience with ML platforms such as tensorflow highly desirable
- Advanced Excel knowledge
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Engineering / related field, Marketing, or MBA with quantitative focus
- Self-starter with good communications skills
- Experience in consumer internet preferred