This role can be based in a number of locations including: Stamford, CT; Alpharetta, GA; Charlotte, NC;
or Kettering, OH
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Data Analyst ! This individual will perform credit analysis from data extracted from DtD Models.
Are you interested in this role? Please, Engage with Us, Today!
Click on this link and follow the application instructions, it is easy to do!
The AVP Portfolio Insights Senior Data Analyst will be a thought leader in evaluating and utilizing new tools in driving insights into portfolio performance and forecasts. The analyst will need demonstrated expertise across a broad set of data analysis tools (e.g. SAS, R, SQL, Python, etc.) in order to be self-sufficient in extracting and analyzing data from Synchrony?s current data infrastructure as well as a willingness to leverage and learn emerging tools in the data science space. In addition, this role will develop vintage based analytics derived from Dual-time dynamics (DtD) models (ex. LookAhead). This role will work closely across multiple functions and disciplines including credit strategy, ALLL and loss forecasting, portfolio teams, and finance to help shape and refine various business strategies. This role will be a subject matter expert in data analytics, portfolio insights, and performance trends.
- Manage complex credit performance analysis from data extraction to final presentation with focus on driving learnings which will lead to improved strategy and portfolio performance.
- Develop analytics around DtD vintage models and monitoring of results to identify any potential issues in current portfolio performance.
- Work closely with credit strategy teams and portfolio credit managers to understand changes in strategy and the impact of those changes.
- Model changes (proposed and actual) in strategy through SA LookAhead, Prescient Models, or similar tool to quantify both timing and size of impacts to the total portfolio.
- Coordinate with finance and the loss forecasting teams to shape ongoing strategies and share findings and insights about key portfoliodrivers
- Perform other duties and/or special projects as assigned
- Bachelor's degree in statistics, economics or STEM discipline from an accredited institution, OR in lieu of degree, 7+ years of progressive experience in an analytics role in financial services industry
- 3+ years?experience in analytics role with cross-functional stakeholders such as marketing, clients, credit, risk, finance
- 3+ years hands-on experience working with cross-functional data, delivering analytics solutions using tools such as SAS, SQL, R
- Master's Degreedesired
- Exposure to DtD modeling/use and management of DtD models in the financial services industry.
- Strong communication skills and experience with interacting successfully across functions
- Familiarity with big data technologies (Hadoop, Hive, etc.)
- Experience with data visualization tools (Tableau, SAS Visual Analytics)
- Knowledge of Synchrony systems (RDG, CDCI, PDR and CLBP2)
- Outstanding collaborative and team management style
- Ability to multitask and perform in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated creativity, problem solving, and critical thinking skills
- You must be 18years or older
- You must have a high school diploma or equivalent
- You must be willing to take a drug test, submit to a background investigation and submit fingerprints as part of the selection process
- You must be able to satisfy the requirements of Section 19 of the Federal Deposit Insurance Act.
- If currently a Synchrony Financial Employee, you must have been in your current position for at least 6 months (Level 4 ? 7) or 24 months (level 8 or greater), have at least a "consistently meets expectations" performance rating and have the approval of your manager to post (or the approval of your manager and HR to apply if you don't meet the time-in-job or performance requirement
Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodation Notice:
- Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.
- If you need special accommodations, please call our Career Support Line so that we can discuss your specific situation. We can be reached at 1-866-301-5627. Representatives are available from 8am ? 5pm Monday to Friday, Central Standard Time.