Group O has an immediate need for a Data Analyst to join its growing team. The Data Analyst position is responsible for processing and analyzing large volumes of data using SQL/The Azure Cloud Platform for ADHOC reporting initiatives. The primary duties of this position are to support the Modeling and Analytics team by building data structures to use for initial model builds and testing. The Data Analyst is also responsible for producing monthly files to allow for on-going model scoring.
The successful candidate will be required to build out various data repositories, requires data analysis to determine the quality of the data and the feasibility of use. In addition to this, the Data Analyst will support the scoring programs for a legacy modeling platform.
Overall objective: to retire the legacy platform, and convert the existing model build and scoring build processes to a new platform which will align with current scoring software to allow for the retirement of software/servers. Hence, the Data Analyst will develop requirements and assist in testing. Examples of work supported would be Market Opportunity analysis, product sales/churn reports, campaign success metrics, order provisioning support and promotional offer application analysis. The analysis is used to enhance product acquisition/retention strategies and to guide how Marketing should focus its budget.
- Writing SQL queries in a large data volume set
- Utilization of Advanced Techniques in Excel (including pivot tables, graphing and mechanization)
- Utilization of MS Access including data import/export, query building, information extraction, and mechanization
- Utilization of VB or VBA
- Collecting, analyzing and reporting on various internal and external metrics and processes
- Performing data mining
- Developing and implementing solutions to gather, process and present required reports
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Experience required:
- Proficient in the Azure Cloud Platform, SQL
- Expert knowledge of complex databases: i.e., databases with thousands of data tables and views accessing customers, products, orders
- Expert knowledge of aggregating data using complex SQL code. i.e., using functions such as SUM, COUNT, CASE statements
- Expert knowledge of Excel Graphs, Charts, Pivot Tables
- Must be able to multitask efficiently
- Must work well in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ability to communicate information to a variety of groups at different technical skill levels
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Have the drive and willingness to learn new programs and applications
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office suite of products. Expert in Excel/Access a plus
- Works well independently
- Nice to have:
- Proficient in SQL code creation and manipulation (3+ years’ experience)
- Knowledge of SQL Teradata desired however not required
- Use relational databases to link and merge multiple tables for management and query analysis
- Knowledge of query/reporting tools such as; (Teradata SQL Assistant, Tableau, SAS etc.)
- Experience with development, loading and manipulation of data files (ETL) Export/Transfer/Load