Your Role as the Senior Data Analyst:
The Senior Data Analyst role is to deliver a final business solution to the operations team through a Power BI experience. The Data Analyst will be the domain expert of supply chains and their use cases by utilizing cutting edge data technology, designing critical analytical dashboards, reports and queries to drive strategic business decisions, ad-hoc analysis and identify descriptive and prescriptive solutions for internal teams and external customers. This position will collaborate with Data Analysts and Scientists, using all the skills to exploit data to drive the business forward. The ideal candidate must have experience in Distribution/Warehousing and working in a Cloud environment.
Primary duties and responsibilities include:
- Develop Dashboards by understanding business needs, interpret the integrated data and translate this into usable visualizations to drive business decisions, interpreting results and how to utilize the dashboards.
- Engage the business, evaluating their needs and ad-hoc requests to prioritize product efforts creating new innovative solutions.
- Enhance data maturity and integration to standardize the core value add functionality enabling a multiplier effect.
- Experience working within a collaborative team. Helping more junior members to achieve success.
- Challenge the status quo and help guide entrepreneurial innovation in both analytical products and the curation of new data sources elevating analytics beyond data reporting and dashboarding to the delivery actionable insights.
- Knowledge of the business, understanding the complexity of the supply chain world and the role that data has within this ecosystem.
Background Profile for the Senior Data Analyst:
- Bachelor's degree in Supply Chain, Data Analytics or equivalent
- Master's degree preferred in Supply Chain, Data Analytics, MBA or equivalent
- 2+ years or more Applied Project experience in demonstrating, digital transformation, data management in an educational/project - required
- 2+ years or more experience in creating dashboards for diagnostic analysis across the business.
- Experience working in a cloud environment - required
- 4+ years or more working in an individual contributor role as a key member of the team - preferred
- Distribution/warehouse industry experience - required
Skills for the Senior Data Analyst:
- Experience developing BI solutions with tools like:
- Power BI
- • Tableau
- Exposure using tools like:
- ETL tools (Alteryx or SSIS)
- • Data manipulation tools (SQL)
- • Object oriented development stacks (.net) (preferred)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms
- Support product innovation, working closely with technology throughout the build, test, and release of the product using agile methodologies