This position is regulatory focused with expertise in consumer reporting agency products, services including consumer direct services, credit bureau reporting and data broker services as it pertains to our personal identification and credit management. This spans from pre-analysis to determine if the data received from county or 3rd party sources meet the specifics needed to be considered for inclusion. Writing the business rules utilized for programming and UAT QA, to conducting the final review to make sure the programming and QA were sufficiently done, to having expert level knowledge of our data assets and processes.
- Strong subject matter expertise in developing compliance management, privacy and data governance programs to streamline business processes and enhance operational controls.
- Proficiency in consumer privacy regulations, such as FCRA and GLBA.
- Drives decisions of business rule changes based on data content analysis.
- Engages with business units to evolve data into meaningful business intelligence goals.
- Analyzes data with basic statistical and query methods and visualization techniques, interprets results, and provides written summaries of data analyses.
- Document business requirements and investigate data issues and anomalies
- Create resolution requirements with the project team, internal and external stakeholders
- Perform data standardization to drive meaningful business reports based on consultation and analysis of internal and external customers and product needs.
- Designs or creates queries to extract the desired data, formats the data and validates the results and creates/runs supporting reports
- Ensures data quality and data integrity throughout the data collection process.
- Makes recommendations to improve data quality and availability.
- Helps to identify the appropriate sources of information and the business rules required to transform source data to meet customer and business intelligence needs.
- Gathers, compiles, analyzes and documents information on business intelligence reporting needs.
- Develops useful and insightful information from a variety of data sources and data models to be used in updating and advancing product capabilities.
- Applies knowledge to evaluation, analysis, and interpretation of data.
- Conceptualization of data and shares knowledge through effective presentation of the data to internal stakeholders and external clients.
- Participates in ongoing decisions regarding design, data collection and data analysis.
- May interface directly with clients in response to data inquiries, review and explain data content and solicit client feedback as it relates to data enhancements.
Education, Experience, Knowledge and Skills
- Experience with consumer reporting agency products and services, credit bureau reporting
- Experience with consumer privacy regulations, FCRA
- Knowledge of Metro2 and CRRG guidelines
- Business process analysis, exception management, and data quality management expertise
- Fundamental desire to enhance processes and data to ensure data accuracy
- 10+ years of related experience dealing with property (sales and mortgage) data
- 10 years demonstrated experience and deep knowledge of working with data structures
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills
- Strong understanding of data quality assurance processes and procedures
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Intermediate experience with SQL querying/programming
- Working knowledge of real estate data and terminology, preferably CoreLogic data
- Ability to adapt to ambiguity and be excited by data exploration