Senior Data Analyst essential responsibilities include identifying, analyzing and translating business requirements into logical and physical database design, evaluating data, conducting data analysis and data profiling, and implementing database changes. Senior Data Analyst delivers data modeling and data profiling services to the BI / DW projects from the requirements through design, development, test and implementation. The Individual must demonstrate data curiosity, broad and deep knowledge of in a dimensional database environment while conducting business and data analysis, data modeling, cube / Power BI modeling and ETL mapping.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design of physical data models based on user requirements
- Creation of data models, technical specifications documents and design process diagrams
- Develop functional specifications for data acquisition, transformation and load processes, and reporting
- Conduct data analysis and data quality profiling
- Develop source to target mapping documents
- Cube and Power BI modeling
- Conduct model reviews and participate in the database technical design
- Support DW/BI Team during functional, UAT, regression, and performance testing
- Bachelor's degree
- 5 or more years related experience required
- Experience in participating in analysis sessions with the user community to capture data requirements clearly, completely and correctly
- Experience in identifying, analyzing and translating business requirements into conceptual, logical and physical data models in complex, multi-application environments
- 5+ years’ experience implementing operational and dimensional logical and physical design for Data Marts, Data Warehouse and Business intelligence solutions
- 3+ year experience with the data modeling tools
- Proficiency in SQL (DML, DDL), Data analysis/profiling using SQL and / or T-SQL and reverse engineering of data.
- Experience in troubleshooting and solving problems, expediency in understanding relationships between data.
- Experience in identifying and documenting data integration issues, challenges such as duplicate data, non-conformed data, and unclean data
- Experience with MS SQL Server database (MS SQL 2012 – 2017), SQL Analysis and Integration services; experience with Big Data/technologies, SSRS and Power BI modeling is a big plus.
- Experience in creating, reviewing and presenting Source Systems Analysis and Source To Target mapping across Staging, Integration and Presentation layers
- Understanding of Business Intelligence solutions, strong knowledge of relational and multi-dimensional database architectures, database lifecycle design and application development.
- Teamwork to design and maintain a corporate data architecture that will allow the data warehouse to evolve with the business.
- Experience in delivering quality work on time with multiple, competing priorities
- Ability to work with the appropriate business users to define data requirements.
- Ability to develop data architecture, integrate, create physical data models and follow data model standards that source data from multiple origins (internal data sources, external data sources, third party data, etc.). Ability to develop data architecture that solves business problems and ensures efficient BI solutions
- Excellent data analysis skills using SQL. Proficiency in reading and writing SQL queries and T-SQL. Ability to read MS SQL Server T-SQL code and translate the code into the ETL mappings if necessary
- Ability to develop and maintain detailed mapping documents that will provide the data warehouse reporting and ETL teams with source to target data mapping which will include logical names, physical names, data types, corporate metadata definitions, and translation rules.
- Experience working with data modeling tools such as Power Designer (preferred) or Erwin.
- Experience in cube modeling and Power BI modeling is a plus;
- Ability to define, develop, and implement joint data testing strategies with the business and IT QA.
- Ability to conduct quality control/auditing to ensure accurate and appropriate use of data during the project system, integration test and UAT
- Experienced in working well with others on the team to meet project milestones, manage client satisfaction and mentor others on the team