Our direct client is looking for a Senior Cybersecurity Systems Engineer in Trenton, NJ.
- Provide full engineering life-cycle support for NJCCIC securitytechnologies and platforms.
- Design, implement, operate, monitor, and support NJCCIC security platforms and applications, operating systems, networks, and storage systems.
- Administer NJCCIC cybersecurity systems including implementation of access controls, logging and auditing, patch management, software updates, etc.
- Develop automation scripts or utility applications to process repetitive tasks and increase
- Tune and manage security systems to minimize false positives and false negatives productivity
- Develop new alerts and monitoring techniques
- Integrate NJCCIC solutions with othersecurity applications and platforms
- Responsible for requirements gathering and analysis, business process modeling, workflow development, system customization, software upgrades, maintenance, and documentation.
- Perform capacity workload modelling and availability analysis for a variety of security platforms and environments. Determine the required course of action to improve performance. Review performance and control reports.
- Diagnose and resolve hardware, software and connectivity issues
- Support multiple systems or applications of medium to high complexity
- Prepare documentation and operating procedures and protocols for implemented systems
- Assist with the development and delivery of security systems training materials
- Act as a member of the NJCCIC incident response team
- Act as cybersecurity subject matter expert supporting all NJCCIC functions
- Othercybersecurity duties as assigned
- Strong knowledge of information systems security standards and practices (e.g., access control, system hardening, system audit and log file monitoring, security policies, and incident handling)
- Broad IT knowledge specifically in areas of information security, risk management, and IT audit
- Strong experience in networking, Windows and *nix environments
- Proven knowledge and experience administering and managing network and server infrastructuretechnologies and devices including servers, firewalls, routers, switches, etc.
- Experience implementing, and supporting different securitytechnologies for network defense, web and email defense, endpoint defense, and SIEM platforms
- Specific product experience that is desirable includes: IBM Qradar, Palo Alto NGFW, Imperva Incapsula, Forescout Counteract, etc.
- Experience with big data platforms preferable ELK, Hadoop, and MongoDB
- Experience with scriptinglanguages, command shells, and regular expressions (e.g. Python, Perl, PowerShell Visual Basic, Python)
- Preferredexperienced with implementing and managing private and public cloud environments and hyper-convergedinfrastructure platforms.
- Knowledge and experience implementing and supporting identity and access management controls preferably Active Directory, LDAP, SAML, and multi-factor authentication technologies
- Familiarity with security frameworks and requirements including NIST CSF, PCI-DSS, HIPAA, etc.
- Proficiency in Microsoft software: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects, priorities, and deadlines
- Demonstrated initiative, customer orientation, and team work competencies
- Willingness to work outside of regular business hours as required to assist with troubleshooting or other incidents that require immediate attention
- Ability to handle and maintain the integrity and confidentiality of highly sensitive material and information
- A minimum of four (4) years of systems engineering and administration experience with an emphasis on securitytechnologies and platforms.
- Relevant security certifications preferred (i.e. CISSP, ISSEP, MSCE, RHCE, CCNA Security, etc.)
- BachelorDegree in computer science, engineering, information security or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
(1) Has the candidate ever worked for the Client (Government of State of NJ)? Is yes, please provide: Agency Name, Start and End Date, In what capacity worked, Reason for Finishing work with the agency, Manager Name and Number?
(2) Client will perform Fingerprinting, Full State and Federal Background Check. Is your background check all clear?
Location: Trenton, NJ