- Develop test procedures and/or document recommendations for test plan modifications that improve validation of control objectives. Test procedure development may cover a wide range of technically diverse topics ranging from IP Network Discovery, password length and complexity requirements, vulnerability management, and many others.
- Support the annual SOX Program cycle by completing timely planning of efforts, walkthrough of processes, testing of controls, overseeing remediation of deficiencies and reporting status of testing and remediation efforts.
- Contributor role in harmonizing controls and validating controls are operating effectively.
- Perform multi-platform (application, database, operating system, middleware, monitoring tools, and business processes) level audits based on predefined test objectives and test plans. Perform retest of controls that have been remediated or updated as a result of previously identified deficiencies.
- Obtain, review, and interpret evidence provided to validate controls are performed effectively.
- Prepare, plan, conduct, and report on results of IT Compliance assessments in accordance with industry best practices and established regulatory standards (NIST SP800-53, SP800-115, SOX, NERC CIP v5).
- Obtain, review, and interpret organizational IT policies, standards and procedures to identify control points that would assist in mitigating risk to the business.
- Review test results or interpret evidence for vulnerabilities, gaps, or control deficiencies; work with stakeholders to establish plans for sustainable resolution.
- Identify risks associated with control failures and supports the identification of mitigating controls
- Engage management in discussion about creative, efficient, and effective was to improve internal control environment
- Partner with control owners to ensure control documentation is updated periodically to reflect current control environment
- Capture and report metrics for services and activities delivered to customers and/or as part of internal initiatives
- Perform other tasks as necessary to ensure IT Compliance meets its commitments to customers
- May provide consultative direction to less experienced team members
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Business, or equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years of general IT experience, including IT security or IT risk management experience
- Experience using Excel worksheets, workbooks, and formulas
- Experience managing multiple projects with conflicting priorities
Minimum Required License / Certification:
At least one existing certification from the following list, which must be currently maintained and valid.
- Cisco Certified Networking Associate (CCNA)
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified in Risk and Information System Control (CRISC)
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- Utility Industry Experience
- Big 4 experience
- Demonstrated experience with Sarbanes Oxley or North American Electric Reliability Corporation Critical Infrastructure Protection (NERC CIP) v5
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)
- Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)
- Microsoft Certified Professional/Security Engineer (MCP, MCSE)
- Cisco Certified Network Associate/Professional (CCNA, CCNP)
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- Project Management Professional (PMP)