$100K — $150K *
The AIG Cyber Threat Intelligence team consists of engineers and analysts who specialize in the tactics, tools and procedures used by cyber criminals. The Analyst will work within an interdisciplinary team that develops advanced analytical frameworks, tools and research methodologies in order to identify emerging cyber threats.
The Analyst will be responsible for analyzing the political, economic, social, and behavioral aspects of malicious cyber activity. Research will include monitoring of underground forums, chat channels, and, social media, the identification and analysis of security incidents using open source and internal sources to assess severity and identify responsible parties, including hacktivist groups and actors. Additionally, the analyst will respond to client-directed research requests and contribute to internal intelligence products. This position will also aid in producing a comprehensive operating picture and cyber security situational awareness.
This position may be performed 100% remote in any US state. Although this position is remote-work capable, we are looking for candidates who are able to work in the time zone hours of 8:00am – 5:00pm Eastern.
Analyst Roles and Responsibilities:
• Collect, process, catalog, and document information using an ALL-SOURCE approach and various technical and human means on cyber-security topics as required.
• Respond to requests for ad-hoc reporting and research topics from management as required.
• Aid in and participate in daily, weekly, quarterly, and yearly production reporting for clients, partners, and internal teams.
• Work with various intelligence collection and reporting tools and frameworks to produce reports.
• Research and analyze content from unindexed areas of the internet.
• Produce concise, written analysis and visual presentation of findings.
• Quickly understand and deliver on company and customer requirements.
• Write tactical and strategic assessments under deadlines.
• Deal professionally with offensive, profane, and obscene materials encountered during the course of investigations and research.
Desired Skills and Experience:
• Good understanding of global geopolitical dynamics and the ability to apply that knowledge to an information security context.
• Proven ability to understand and explain the behaviors of different types of complex organizations, from criminal groups to financial enterprises.
• Proven ability to translate complex information sets into specific recommendations that can be actioned by customers to enhance their security posture.
• Familiarity with cyber threats, defenses, motivations and techniques.
• Experience with intelligence analysis tools, methods and the intelligence lifecycle.
• Experience distilling raw information into actionable intelligence.
• Ability to write analytical information products.
• Ability to construct and analyze social network graphs.
• Ability to prepare and present research findings in both client and public settings.
• Ability to maintain or develop professional contacts in the cyber security community and in client industries including finance and government.
• Experience with conducting operations in closed/vetted online forums and marketplaces in both the surface and dark web spaces.
• Outstanding written and oral communication skills and the ability to prioritize work.
• Knowledge of foreign languages is a plus.
• 7+ years of experience in a cyber threat intelligence environment.
• Bachelor's degree in CIS or equivalent work experience.
• Strong understanding of threat analysis and enterprise level, mitigation strategies.
• Working knowledge of how malicious code operates and how technical vulnerabilities are exploited.
• Knowledge of operating systems, VPN technologies, Internet issues, and networking technologies in general.
• Knowledge of databases, query design, and how to analyze data thus obtained.
It has been and will continue to be the policy of American International Group, Inc., its subsidiaries and affiliates to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We provide equal opportunity to all qualified individuals regardless of race, color, religion, age, gender, gender expression, national origin, veteran status, disability or any other legally protected categories.
Valid through: 11/10/2020