We are pursuing top talent to join the Raytheon team and support our vision to be "One global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place". Our Software Engineers are developing and maintaining the critical capabilities which arm and defend our warfighters. Working in the Space and Airborne Systems business unit of Raytheon, you can contribute to cutting edge technologies across surface, air, cyber and space domains, supporting precision engagement, missile defense, homeland security, integrated communications, electronic warfare, and intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance. In addition to maintaining a strong portfolio of core capabilities, we continue to expand globally and innovate in our growth markets.
Opportunities exist to work alongside and be mentored by the best and the brightest engineers and scientists on innovative teams which are providing the most advanced research and development capabilities to solve the most complex problems.
We are looking to hire a Senior Cyber/Software Engineer [Reverse Engineering] to add to our Cyber Team.
Typical job functions include:
- Participation on collaborative, cross-discipline integrated product teams, often employing agile software development techniques and tools to plan, design, develop, test, and integrate real-time embedded software products for Electronic Warfare Systems. Products include software running on real time embedded hardware (General Purpose Processors, Digital Signal Processors, etc.) as well as the associated diagnostic, analysis, and support application software.
- Responsible for some or all of a software product, contributing as a software team member and possibly directing a small software team. Responsibilities span the full lifecycle of product development, from architecture and design, through integration, flight test, and field support.
- Minimum of 4 years of work related experience with reverse engineering and vulnerability assessment of embedded systems;
- Software development experience with C, C++, or related languages;
- Some hands-on experience with Unix / Linux / Android / iOS;
- U.S. Citizenship and current DoD Secret clearance*;
- U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position needs an active U.S. Security Clearance as of day one of employment;
- Experience with cellular data systems
- Experience with UNIX, Linux, Android / iOS
- Experience with RTOS IDEs, workbenches, or equivalent development tools
- Experience in Communications (Radios) or Electronic Warfare domains
- Experience in Embedded system software development
- Familiarity with Agile lifecycle process including Scrum
- Exposure to Communications Systems and networking
Required Education (including Major):
- Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Math, Physics, or related field. Experience in lieu of degree will be considered.
*This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization.