Contribute to a Safer, More Secure, and More Sustainable World.
At UL, we know why we come to work. Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with one common purpose – to make the world a safer, more secure, and more sustainable place to live. We clear the way for our customers to introduce the latest products, technological advances, and systems in an increasingly complex world so they can provide peace of mind to the market. Our integrity is woven throughout our company and shapes the way we approach deliver our solutions. We are proud that the work we do every day has a meaningful contribution to society. We continue to build upon our legacy of trusted expertise and partnership to keep our communities safe and secure as we march forward into the future. This helps us to sleep better at night, and we are confident that the millions of people we touch rest easier too.
Under minimal supervision, you will be responsible for working with the sales team to sell complex technical cybersecurity solutions/services to both existing and prospective clients. The ideal candidate for this position will also be familiar with cybersecurity related topics and will ensure customer relevance and value by remaining up to date in this area. Perceived as both the clients’ and internal sales team member’s cybersecurity trusted advisor. As opportunities/leads arise, works withAccount Managers and/or Outside Sales team to close cybersecurity solutions/services sales.
- Supports and works with Business Development teams in engaging clients on cybersecurity solutions/services to win additional leads and ultimately close cybersecurity orders.
- Develops and presents cybersecurity solutions/services sales proposals to clients, systems solutions and helps close complex technical cybersecurity solutions/services sales orders.
- Shares responsibility and accountability for cybersecurity sales revenue targets with Account Managers and Outside Sales team.
- Develops and then maintains a highly technical knowledge of UL’s cybersecurity solutions/services and can articulately, succinctly, and effectively communicate UL’s cybersecurity solutions/services value proposition to existing and prospective clients.
- Supports Account Managers and Outside Sales team members with complex details of UL’s cybersecurity solutions/services. Helps to develop and expand these teams’ knowledge and understanding of UL’s cybersecurity solutions/services.
- Identifies and resolves wide range of issues with little or no supervision.
- Coaches and mentors other sales employees on effective direct sales skills and sales processes, especially as it pertains to identifying and qualifying cybersecurity solutions/services opportunities with existing and prospective clients.
- Performs other duties as directed.
- University Degree (Equivalent to Bachelor’s degree) in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related discipline plus generally eight years of directly related experience in cybersecurity, software development and/or ethical hacking.
- Solid historical technical sales track record within technical industry, preferably cybersecurity; recognized as knowledgeable in the cybersecurity/software development area by peers, customers, and industry leaders.
- Possesses strong business acumen and business savvy, with preferable experience working in a cross-cultural global environment
- Business and profit minded and has a strong growth mindset, an entrepreneurial spirit, and the ability to deliver results
- Demonstrated ability to influence and skillfully negotiate in tough situations, with both internal and external groups, to achieve desired outcomes and without damaging relationships
- Demonstrated ability to gain cooperation of others, deliver effective technical presentations, as it relates to specific cybersecurity solutions projects and/or schedules, to senior level management and customers.
- Excellent communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills; distinctive ability to interact with all levels of leaders and clients
- Culturally sensitive, a team player who apply strong leadership and judgment, and act according to the UL mission and standards of high ethics and integrity
- Security related certifications are a plus: CISSP, CISA, CEH, GIAC
- Significant business travel and work outside of the office is required.