Senior Cyber Security Forensic Analyst
8 - 10 years experience • Software
The Pacific Northwest National Laboratory (PNNL)’s Computing & Analytics Division is seeking a technical professional to serve as senior level Computer Forensics Investigator and Forensic Analyst who develops training programs and provides classroom as well as hands-on lab training for law enforcement agencies. The incumbent should understand tactics, techniques and procedures to retrieve information from computers and other types of data storage devices commonly found on ICS/SCADA. These courses will focus on how evidence can be recovered from ICS/SCADA systems, how to mitigate an attack in progress, and how to advise victims in securing their systems.
The candidate shall understand the processes and procedures relative to complex criminal investigations, to include evidence recovery, examination and analysis of data from computers and other electronic storage devices within cyber-physical systems in order to use the data as evidence in criminal prosecutions. In additional, an understanding of how to dismantle and rebuild the system in order to recover lost data, is expected. Some of the duties involved with Senior Cyber Forensics Investigator/Analysts are as follows:
- Recover data that was either destroyed or damaged.
- Gather computer system information.
- Maximize optimal computer system performance levels.
- Reconstruct damaged computer systems.
- Prepare expert reports on highly complex technical matters.
- Train law enforcement on computer related issues.
- Assess software applications for design flaws.
- An ability to work and collaborate well with a team.
- Train and mentor junior level staff.
Operating on the data-information-knowledge continuum, staff at PNNL employ diverse methods to confront significant problems of national interest—from distilling distributed data into knowledge that supports decision processes, to enabling resilient technologies that enhance computing at extreme scales, to equipping cyber defenders with tools that prevent damaging cyber-attacks.
Our research portfolio—spanning from basic to applied—includes data and computational engineering, high-performance computing, applied mathematics, semantic and human language technologies, machine learning, data and computing architectures, systems integration, and software and application development.
Computing researchers and practitioners work side by side to apply advanced theories, methods, algorithms, models, evaluation tools and testbeds, and computational-based solutions address complex scientific challenges affecting energy, biological sciences, the environment, and national security.
Equal Employment Opportunity
PNNL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that is committed to hiring a diverse, talented workforce. EOE Disability/Vet/M/F/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Staff at PNNL must be able to demonstrate the legal right to work in the United States.
- Bachelor's degree with at least 9 years’ experience, Master’s degree with at least 7 years’ experience or PhD with at least 4 years’ experience.
- Minimum of 7+ years of cybersecurity incident response, cyberforensics, cybersecurity assessments and training are required.
- Minimum of 5+ years’ experience conducting and supporting federal, state or local law enforcement in the investigation of cyber crimes. A minimum of 2 years’ experience with incident response on ICS/SCADA.
- A strong background in training with training Law Enforcement professionals is highly desired.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Security is preferred.
- Certifications such as Certified Computer Forensics Examiner (CCFE), Certified Cyber Forensics Professional (CCFP) or Computer Hacker Forensics Investigator (CHFI) are highly desired.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with senior personnel in diverse job functions and levels of responsibility, including directors, technical advisors, and field personnel.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with a demonstrated ability for writing concisely and clearly and for facilitating discussions.
- Background in program development in ambiguous environments.
- Experience working with the DoD or related federal agencies.
Organization and Job ID
Job ID: 306824