Senior Cyber Security EngineerDescription
The Public Company Accounting Oversight Board is a nonprofit corporation established by Congress to protect investors and the public interest by promoting informative, accurate, and independent auditreports and to oversee the audits of public companies and broker-dealers.
The PCAOB has a full-time, regular position for a Senior Cyber Security Engineer in the Office of Information Technology (OIT) at its Ashburn, VA office. As the Senior Cyber Security Engineer, you will be responsible for protecting system boundaries and ensuring that IT systems, applications and network devices are hardened against threats. The position supports the SOC as an advanced escalation point identifying and addressing potential information security incidents. You will utilize your exceptional communication skills to interact with both technical and non-technical colleagues, and to provide technical leadership for your colleagues and the organization.
- Serves as the lead for day-to-day threat identification and vulnerability/risk analysis.
- Perform advanced event and incident analysis, including baseline establishment and trend analysis.
- Remain current on cybersecurity trends and intelligence in order to guide the security analysis & identification capabilities of the SOC team.
- Perform threat, vulnerability, risk assessments, and investigations.
- Responsible for the engineering, design, implementation, maintenance, analysis, and administration of PCAOB securitytechnologies.
- Participate in and lead projects for security requirements, network design reviews, and security testing for PCAOB network, systems, and other IT teams.
- Coordinate with PCAOB systems, network and development team to ensure networksecurity standards are being followed and implemented correctly.
- Evaluate new securitytechnology & emerging threats and provide recommendations to strengthen PCAOB information security environment.
- Coordinates the handling and resolution of incidents of security breach.
- Provides analytical and technical security recommendations to other team members and other PCAOB users.
- Identifies requirements, based upon need or as the result of a security issue that puts organizations systems at risk.
- Experience with vulnerability scanning, and understands how to analyze discovery scan data and vulnerability data to determine unusual use configurations, discovery of aged software, and proper identification of high-severity vulnerabilities.
- Perform internal and external penetration tests with multiple technologies.
- Proactively conduct securitythreat analysis and recommend solutions to manage network, systems and application vulnerabilities.
- Review and analyze new systems (hardware and software) and provide recommendations concerning their security.
- Install, configure, and maintain PCAOB information securitytechnologies.
- Active member in OIT to recommend effective security configurations and architecture.
- Liaison to the OIT Teams to effectively communicate and architect security solutions.
- Develops documentation to support ongoing security systems operations, maintenance and specific problem resolution.
- Provide support off hours in addition to regular work days to troubleshoot escalated issues and apply production changes where needed.
- Work in a multi-office environment and willingness to travel to other offices as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or similar field, or equivalent experience
- 8+ years of information securityexperience with a focus on network, application and architecture.
- 5+ years of security operations center experience with security monitoring and incident response.
- Specific Information Security related experience including encryption, IDS/IPS, Firewalls, SIEMs and Log Management, syslog analysis, HTTP and TCP/IP analysis, and vulnerability assessment.
- Knowledge of email security gateway, cloud and virtual technologies.
- In-depth knowledge of mapping business requirements to technology and ability to identify security gaps at the architecture level.
- Knowledge of common security vulnerabilities such as: XSS/CSRF, SQL Injection, Buffer Overflow, and DoS attacks.
- Knowledge of the HTTP protocol, including analyzing the request/response.
- Demonstrated experience with commercial and open source testing and auditing tools such as Paros, BURP, nmap, and Metasploit.
- Proven ability to clearly document and communicate security findings, risk description, risk level, and recommended solutions to stakeholders.
- Understanding of networking, operating systems such as Linux and Windows..
- Demonstrated knowledge of security industry standards and best practices such as OWASP and NIST.
- Excellent interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks/projects.
- GCIA, GNFA, CISSP, CEH, or other relevant certification preferred