Forcepoint is seeking a full-time professional services engineer to facilitate installation, configuration, integration, management and training of Forcepoint’s Next Generation Firewalls (NGFW) (formerly named Stonesoft). This individual must be highly motivated, have great interpersonal skills, and be technically proficient, especially with Networking, specifically NGFWs, and Linux.
The successful candidate will be offered specialized training to support other Forcepoint technologies and is expected to become proficient in all aspects of complex software and hardware based solution deployment. Additionally, the professional services engineer will provide training, troubleshooting, and on-site/remote support to customers.
This position requires U.S. Citizenship and up to 50% travel domestic and international as needed to meet customer and project requirements.
Clearance Requirement: Active TS/SCI with CI Poly.
- Lead installation, configuration, integration and training efforts for Forcepoint commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) cyber products with a focus on Next Generation Firewalls
- Provide training, troubleshooting, and on-site support to customers including version upgrades.
- Prepare technical documentation to include as-built design, requirements, and Standard Operating Procedures
- Provide technical briefings to customer leadership and Forcepoint corporate leadership as required
- Lead complex troubleshooting efforts and on-site/remote support
- Coordinate tasks and activities with various groups within Forcepoint, the government or partners.
Education, Experience, and Skills
- BS Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Security or equivalent work experience required
- 8+ years demonstrated experience in cyber security to include practices/methodologies, associated technologies, application design and development and/or experience in an operational environment
- 2+ years experience with Next Generation Firewalls – with strong preference for Forcepoint NGFW
- Advanced networking administration knowledge (TCP/IP, firewalls, web and email gateways, routers, etc.)
- Intermediate Linux/Unix and Windows administration knowledge
- Must be able to coordinate collaboratively across traditional engineering disciplines, with management and with customers
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving installation or application errors
- Experience with supporting/addressing customer training objectives
Preferred Education, Experience, and Skills
- Security COTS integration (Web Proxy, Email Gateway, Next Generation Firewall
- Experience with cyber security engineering projects and programs for U.S. Government and/or commercial clients
- Must possess strong verbal and technical written communication skills
- Fundamentals of programming logic (e.g. scripting)
- Strong understanding of security design and architecture, Active Directory/LDAP, and computer virtualization
- Experience with other firewalls and networking platforms (Cisco, Palo Alto, etc.)
- Desired Certifications: SANS GSEC, CISSP, Security+