The Senior Cyber Analyst role will help mitigate the risks to GSK’s electronic information assets. This role will focus on monitoring, detection, and response to security incidents and will include detailed investigations to determine incident root cause and recommend new mitigations to prevent future occurrences. The successful candidate will have excellent communication skills and good judgment. They will be a self starter and will be expected to keep their knowledge of IT Security, Quality, Risk and Compliance current through involvement with relevant industry forums and involvement in GSK projects. This position offers the opportunity to develop Subject Matter Expertise in one or more key security areas.
- Proactively hunt threats to minimize impact to GSK by searching, monitoring, and analyzing machine-generated big data.
- Provide computer security incident response including monitoring, detection, investigation, and lessons learned. Assess and prioritize incidents based on business impact and escalate as necessary.
- Research and analyze security threat intelligence from a variety of sources. Apply appropriate mitigations for identified indicators of compromise. Suggest changes to security controls as needed to adapt to the changing threat landscape.
- Conduct computer forensics investigations including malware sample analysis, memory analysis, network traffic analysis, and imaging and analysis of hard disk drives.
- Actively contribute to information security projects and initiatives.
- Assume a lead role when team lead and/or manager is unavailable.
- Communicate and manage relationships and with end users, IT service providers (both internal and external), and business unit and IT management.
- Take ownership of service improvement projects (both technical and procedural).
- Must be available to provide on call support on a rotational basis.
- Minimum 3 years of cyber security experience
- Familiarity with the Lockheed Martin Cyber Kill Chain and MITRE ATT&CK Matrix
- Information Security certification (e.g. GIAC, CISSP)
- Knowledge and understanding of information security risks, preventative measures, and incident and threat management.
- Ability to mentor junior team members, share knowledge, and adapt quickly.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and effectively under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Professional, moral attitude that builds strong working relationships with team members and customers. Ability to collaborate effectively across organizational boundaries.
- Splunk experience preferred
- Threat Hunting experience preferred
Our values and expectations are at the heart of everything we do and form an important part of our culture.
These include Patient focus, Transparency, Respect, Integrity along with Courage, Accountability, Development, and Teamwork. As GSK focuses on our values and expectations and a culture of innovation, performance, and trust, the successful candidate will demonstrate the following capabilities:
- Agile and distributed decision-making – using evidence and applying judgement to balance pace, rigour and risk.
- Committed to delivering high quality results, overcoming challenges, focusing on what matters, execution.
- Implementing change initiatives and leading change.
- Continuously looking for opportunities to learn, build skills and share learning both internally and externally.
- Translating strategy into action - a compelling narrative, motivating others, setting objectives and delegation.
- Building strong relationships and collaboration, managing trusted stakeholder relationships internally and externally.
- Budgeting and forecasting, commercial and financial acumen.