D2L is a cloud company that is modernizing education and building the Future of Work. The old models of teaching and learning are in the midst of the largest transformation in history, and D2L is at the heart of that fundamental shift.
New models of teaching and learning enable a personalized, student-centric experience – and deliver improved retention, engagement, satisfaction, and results for learners of all ages – in schools, campuses, and companies.
D2L is disrupting the way the world learns, by providing the next generation learning environment and solutions to engage and inspire learners. And most importantly, by giving customers a platform that is easy, flexible, and smart. No other company provides a solution as robust and innovative as D2L.
D2L’s has had a singular mission for 20 years and is dedicated to that same mission in the years ahead: to transform the way the world learns – and by doing so, we will help improve human potential globally.
Major Responsibilities (How Will I Make an Impact?):
- Manage 10-20 key D2L customers, with a focus on developing strong, referenceable relationships
- Develop and foster executive level relationships between D2L leadership and key accounts
- Develop and manage a Customer Success Plan with the customer that articulates customer success goals, customer success measurement criteria, obstacles and risks
- Develop and manage a Customer Retention Plan that articulates the drivers of customer and product retention and associated risks
- Report against customer success criteria and manage initiatives to meet them
- Oversee execution of remediation items for the Customer Success Plan and Customer Retention Plan, and communicate the progress internally and externally
- Drive product adoption by setting adoption and usage targets with the customer that support their customer success goals
- Act as D2L business owner for renewal process
- Develop and manage an engagement model with the customer that expands and manages all key relationships within the customer and D2L
- Coordinate and conduct annual or bi-annual business reviews with the customer
- Serve as key stakeholder during Implementation phase and facilitate transition out of implementation to support
- Develop a consultative relationship with each customer and work in conjunction with other D2L teams and SMEs to provide solution planning and execution
- Educate clients on support channels, self-service tools, release processes, and other resources to drive operational self-sufficiency
- Lead strategic initiatives for the customer success organization
- Bring experience and mentorship to the customer success team
Competencies (What you’ll bring to the role):
- Bachelor's degree or college degree in technology required
- 5+ years experience in managing customer relationships and managing programs for SaaS based technology, preferably in education technology
- Direct work with establishing strategic outcomes and measurements
- Experience working with corporate Learning and Development organization
- Experience with business drivers for skills development, business process owners, and organization executives
- Experience working with and presenting results to senior level executives
- Ability to quickly establish rapport with all levels of personnel up to and including C-Suite executives
- Formal or informal leadership
- High energy level, demonstrated drive to succeed, and a sense of urgency
- Experience within a fast paced, growth organization is ideal
- Excellent communication and analytical skills
- This position may require occasional travel