Job Description Summary
The Commercial Deposit Services Customer Service Specialist Senior will be responsible for delivering a high level of customer service to Commercial Banking clients across multiple business lines. May act in a leadership role in the absence of the Commercial Deposit Manager. The Commercial Deposit Services Customer Service Specialist Senior will also participate in projects as required.
- Opens and maintains deposit accounts (checking/savings/money market/CDs) for all Commercial Banking clients in accordance with regulations (U.S.A. Patriot Act, BSA/AML, etc.) and audit requirements.
- Functions as the primary point of contact for all Commercial Banking lines of business at HomeStreet Bank across multiple regions. ; The CDS Senior Support specialist will escalate issues to other areas of the bank as appropriate.
- Functions as the primary point of contact for all Commercial Banking clients regarding incoming and outgoing wire transfer research requests; works directly with internal departments (wire transfer/operations support cash management) to resolve any wire transfer or Cash management issues in a timely manner.
- Refers requests for Cash Management Services to a member of the Cash Management Team.
- May review daily overdraft reports, Relationship Managers or clients to determine the cause and discuss funding; communicates results of these discussions to Commercial Banking team members, CDS Manager and Operations Support for additional action, if necessary.
- Assists Commercial Banking team members with applications for credit cards; obtains additional information from clients as needed and follows up with the credit card vendor. Communicates the status of applications to Commercial Banking team members in a timely manner.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in the financial industry and/or related customer service or commercial banking, with knowledge of commercial deposit products and services.
- Ability to work independently, set priorities and handle multiple tasks. Must be dependable in completing tasks with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Must possess excellent judgment, and the ability to accept responsibility and handle confidential information.
- Must possess excellent communication skills and customer service skills with a high level of professionalism, whether over the phone, in person, or in writing.
- Must be proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint programs.
- Superior problem solving, researching, and decision-making skills.
- Passionate, self-starter, and independent thinker who has the desire to work in a fast-paced organization.
- Strong ability, desire and enjoyment in working with others as part of a diverse team as well as independently. Desire to serve and act in the best interest of the client and effectively manage client relationships.
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL CONSIDERATIONS:
- Able to operate a Personal Computer and view information on a monitor.
- Must be able to sit for many hours each day.
- Must be able to communicate via telephone and possess dexterity to include filing document, reaching and bending.
- May be required to stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to lift or carry up to 10 pounds
- Ability to speak and understand English and express ideas and have difficult conversation in person and over the telephone
- Ability to listen and comprehend speech.
- Ability to problem solve, make decisions, interpret data and information, read, write and organize information in an orderly manner.
- Willing and able to travel occasionally as needed.
- Normal business office environment.
- Ability to work in artificial light for extended periods of time.