Senior Customer Operations Analyst
Symphony Health Solutions is a leading provider of high-value data, analytics, technology solutions and actionable insights for healthcare and life sciences manufacturers, payers and providers. The company helps clients drive revenue growth and commercial effectiveness, while adapting to the transformation of the healthcare ecosystem, by integrating a broad set of patient, prescriber, payer and clinical data together with primary and secondary health research, analytics and consulting. Symphony delivers a comprehensive perspective on the real dynamics that drive business in the healthcare and life sciences markets.
At Symphony Health Solutions we pride ourselves on being Collaborative and customer centric. We do this by focusing on five key values:
- Love the Customer by consistently exceeding expectations
- Focus on Brilliant Execution by being detailed and accountable
- Leapfrog the Competition by Differentiatingourselves and providing innovative solutions
- Build a High Performance Culture that does not accept mediocrity
- Make it Fun by Connectingas one passionate high-energy team.
Connect with Symphony! Collaborate with Customers! Differentiate Yourself!
The Senior Customer Operations Analyst leads independent complex data analysis, preparing comprehensive reports and presentations of data analysis findings for internal clients and/or data suppliers per established service level agreements.
Job functions include understanding of data inputs to dimension, executing programs, assessing data accuracy, drawing research conclusions, and formatting and presenting output.
This person is an expert in recommending procedural changes or lead the onboarding of new data assets/providers as required, participating in their implementation from start to finish. Furthermore, they will support new client implementations and ad hocs to support revenue needs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Learn the Healthcare Analytics-specific systems and product base
- Initiate self-directed learning and studying information provided by peers, specialists and managers.
- Collaborate with peers and management to continuously improve.
- Attend training sessions and work with products to establish and maintain competence.
- Research and learn how the products/services fit into customer processes cross-functionally and contribute to business performance.
Lead the collection of requirements specific to project specifications
- Gather requirements from internal clients, external clients and data vendors.
- Document requirements and project specifications.
- Clarify and confirm project specifications with clients and internal teams (e.g. Sales, Service, and Application Development Staff).
- Initiate process or system enhancements (SRE’s) or project sizing (PSI’s) for custom/client work request.
Performs data analysis and quality control within established service-level agreements
- Build query statements to perform data extracts across multiple data sets and platforms.
- Utilize and define new quality control standards to assess data accuracy.
- Enhance or create new quality control methods to evaluate the accuracy of deliverable and/or project analysis.
- Define and execute corrective actions to ensure the quality of assigned datasets and products.
- Interface with data vendors/clients, and internal departments to ensure adherence to delivery schedule.
- Perform all functions within Data Security regulations and contractual guidelines.
Finalizes and delivers the results of assigned projects to clients and/or data vendors
- Recommend, summarize and report analytic results.
- Lead user acceptance testing efforts.
- Facilitate change management for internal deliverables.
- Produce reports and analyses to assist internal or external clients with decision-making processes.
Contributes to organizational success by sharing subject matter expertise
- Maintain and audit current process maps, business rules, and documentation for all database processes.
- Recommend procedural changes.
- Drive the implementation of process improvements for applications, products, and procedures.
- Seek continuous process improvement methods for applications, products, and procedures.
- Coach and mentor off-shore and on-shore analysts.
- Serve as a role model within the organization.
Represents Symphony Health Solutions (SHS) to clients, vendors and data suppliers
- Develop and maintain comprehensive knowledge SHS products, industry trends and general business through various sources and initiatives.
- Communicate in a professional, compelling, and articulate manner of speech, written and formal presentation.
- Behave in ways that demonstrate corporate core values and culture.
- Develop professional and positive relationships with customers, vendors, data agents and colleagues.
- Maintain a reputation of competence, integrity and professionalism.
- Applies sound business practices, information and technology to current position; applies job knowledge and skills to produce quality work; continually updates technical and professional expertise and appropriate job requirements.
- Appropriately balances the quantity/quality of own work with the business situation; demonstrates enthusiasm, drive and a sense of urgency when completing work.
- Performs other duties as requested by Manager.
- BachelorDegree or equivalent
Required Experience / Knowledge and Tools
- 3+ years in data analytics environment with appropriate technical skills
- Excellent experience with SQL
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data and determine conclusions.
- Expertise in understanding relational database structures.
- Proven exceptional internal or external customer service.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, Word) skills
- Facilitate change management and create internal/external specifications.
- Resolving complex issues and inquiries.
- Create and maintain documentation.
- Proficient in identifying and solving issues and recommending process improvements.
- General knowledge of business fundamentals.
- Familiarity with regulatory organizations or associations.
- Experience on mainframe and/or open systems platforms using QMF, TSO, SAS, JCL
- Working knowledge of prescription, professional, institutional claims or familiarity with ANSI and NCPDP standards.
- CPhT Preferred
Job ID 2017-4212