The ALT Channel Customer Marketing Manager (CMM) serves as a critical partner to the Sales organization and is responsible for leading the development and implementation of strategic marketing plans that effectively support and translate our core business objectives and strategies at the key and strategic account level.
Key Measures of Success: Improving investment ROI, enhancing Brand eCommerce presence and brand value, achievement of sales performance targets
Essential Duties, Responsibilities, and Key Results Area:
- Provide thought leadership in developing strategic Key Account Marketing Plan(s) that drive preference and demand for Tempur Sealy--and the account's--respective brands
- Create channel and account-specific marketing plans and tactics to align with and support defined national brand campaigns/programs, product launches, and other initiatives.
- Manage and track execution for yearly marketing plans
- Manage Retail Marketing-related external agency and vendor relationships.
- Leverage shopper, customer and category insights in 'solution-selling'.
- Serve as the voice of our accounts and Sales team to provide input to New Product Development (NPD), Product Launches, and the development of National Marketing plans and programs.
- Collaborate with all cross-functional teams, serving as the single point of contact and spokesperson for Customer Marketing team in customer-facing discussions.
- Partner with cross-functional sales, finance, and leadership teams to develop testing and measuring methodology for marketing programs
- Assisting in developing sales strategies for new products/packages, providing either significant input or deciding such issues as price, packaging, timing, and sales coordination
- Support sales team in implementation of events--in-store, local opportunities, and digital campaigns
- Collaborate with cross-functional subject matter experts in the design and deployment of our 'Retail Edge' tools within our customer plans, to bolster the impact of our joint efforts and to competitively advantage Tempur-Sealy.
Other primary duties and responsibilities include the following; however, Management reserves the right to assign or reassign other appropriate duties to this job at any time. This document excludes the marginal functions of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties
1000 Tempur Way, Lexington, Kentucky 40511-1386
Ideal Candidate Possesses These Attributes:
- Strong strategic thinker with the proven ability to develop and activate breakthrough solutions.
- Experience in shopper marketing type roles (agency or client side)
- Compelling story teller that's able to influence the organization at multiple levels.
- Demonstrates the ability to apply macro trends, insights, channel, competition and industry knowledge to influence internal/external key stakeholders.
- Has highly developed project, vendor management and multi-tasking skills.
- High business acumen & strong analytical skills. Must be able to understand basic P&L structures
- Solid understanding of retail channel dynamics primarily in the Big Box space for accounts like Costco, Sam's Club, BJs, Target, Kohl's
- Solid working knowledge of digital marketing channels.
- Basic knowledge and understanding of using data-driven tools to build customer planograms
- Experience in determining where and how products should be placed in-store
- Ability to comprehensively understand and convert consumer, category, competitor, and channel/customer insights into sales/marketing strategy/plans.
- Effectively applies knowledge of business drivers to identify key performance indicators
- Ability to create and execute customer retail specific marketing activation plans (online & in-store)
- Successful track record in development of results-oriented retail marketing programs
- Ability to manage multiple projects over multiple focus areas in a fast-paced environment
- Strong leadership ability
- Operate with the highest level of conduct, integrity, and confidentiality; setting the example for leaders and associates.
- Develop and nurture strong cross functional partnerships; driving business results and inspiring a culture of transparency, collaboration, and accountability.
- Serve as TSI advocate in the industry and marketplace.
- Ability to balance a strong management presence with a high level of approachability, encouraging and eliciting associate feedback and interaction.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in business or marketing
- 5+ years of brand marketing, customer retail sales management or shopper marketing activation experience preferably with a focus in bedding categories
- Experience in e-commerce or CPG
- Superior written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint