The role is primarily responsible for the development of the highest quality innovative web-based and instructor-led courseware for Mitel customers, partners and employees. The Courseware Developer will employ the appropriate instructional design methodologies to ensure all learners develop the knowledge, skills and abilities to effectively perform their job role. Courseware to be updated and developed will span both sales and technical courses leveraging sales and technical subject matter experts.
This role will be involved in all aspects of learning content development, including; analysis, design, development and deployment. Strong conceptual, analytical, technical, planning, project management and communication skills are required, coupled with a holistic understanding of the training business and environment.
- Facilitate the effective development of knowledge, skills and abilities through various instructional methodologies including Web-based Self-paced content, instructor-led classroom, instructor-led online, coaching, mentoring, education consulting and other appropriate methods and techniques. This training will be delivered to the entire Mitel ecosystem including customers, partners and employees
- Build Mitel product and brand awareness during each training and learning activity by effectively communicating the value and benefits of Mitel products and Mitel University offerings
- Plan, design, and develop highly interactive technical and functional content for Instructor-led classroom, Instructor-led online, and Web-based Self-paced training
- Requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 3 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD without experience or equivalent work experience
- Solid graphic design background
- Resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways
- Work on problems of diverse scope were analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors
- Demonstrates good judgement in selecting method and techniques for obtaining solutions
- Network with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise
- Conduct analysis and design with clients, partners and Mitel personnel
- Identify instructional goals, competencies and objectives
- Develop design documents, prepare storyboards and course outlines
- Create instructional content using multimedia development and authoring software
- Participate in pilot / beta events, manage and incorporate feedback
- Distribute content to instructors, Mitel personnel and partners
- Evaluate / assess content
- Create content abstracts and datasheets
- Coordinate projects, including track and report on project status, assist team members, create and manage course content, deliver quality and innovative content within established timeframes
- Develop processes, procedures and best practices to increase content quality, and departmental productivity and efficiency
- Liaise extensively with Mitel personnel, management and SMEs to obtain product information, achieve content and technical tasks, and troubleshoot issues
- Actively contribute to achieving the team’s vision and objectives
Mitel is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.